OS X Airplay output
Hi guys, i use the airplay audio output device to get wireless audio to my airplay speakers from my mac, but I've noticed on Krypton im having issues when watching(and listening) to any PVR channel.

the playback and audio keeps pausing and momentarily buffering quite quickly...every now and again it will playback fine but more often than not, about 9 times out of 10, i get this buffering/pausing issue rendering it unusable unfortunately.

Ive tried adjusting various audio settings, passthrough/no passthrough, different sample rates, different no of channels, but nothing makes any real difference.

This issue is only on live PVR content, recorded PVR content works fine, as does any local media from my TV shows or Movie section.

the live pvr content is h264/mp2 ...but i dont think thats important as the recorded content which is the obviously the same plays back fine.

Note that this option works perfectly in 16.1, which is what im unfortunately using until a fix/workaround can be found.

debug log:
https://pastebin.com/p1kAen8p

Would be great if someone can at least confirm the issue.
Thanks.

Edit: PVR backend is VU+ / Enigma2
Which pvr backend?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry forgot to add that...
VU+ / Enigma2
Dont know if this helps, but Ive just tried the IPTV simple backend, and that seems to be displaying exactly the same issue.
(2017-03-28, 12:19)Memphiz Wrote: Which pvr backend?
Memphis, i appreciate that you are probably extremely busy but thought id let you know my findings with this.

As a workaround, If i use another addon (Livestreams pro in this case) and load my pvr.m3u via that, audio and video playback via airplay works perfectly in Krypton, theres a slight pause when i open a channel, but i noticed that is while the cache fills up to 100%, but apart from that playback is perfect.
At least i can move away from Jarvis as i really like the new look in Krypton, the skin is much improved so at least theres that...so there are definitely some changes made in Krypton and the way pvr streams are handled, im guessing you're fully aware of this.

I also noticed that up until Krypton there were some advanced settings options which allowed changing the pvr cache level, which sounds like it could address the issue im experiencing....however they were removed in Krypton so i guess thats out of the question?

Also i appreciate that as a mac user, using a quite obscure feature im probably in an extremely small user base thats even aware of this issue, so i dont expect it will, if ever be addressed, just thought id post this workaround in case anyone else in this extremely small user base stumbles across it.

Many thanks for your continued hard work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay output0