[PVR] Recordings: PlotOutline vs Episodename
In PVR-recordings and LiveTV "PlotOutline" gave some more info about the running or recorded program.
PlotOutline is no longer working for Recordings.
Is that a known issue? I have to use "Episodename" instead.
Why is "PlotOutline" working in LiveTV? Shouldn't both give back the same info?

Thx for clarification
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-03-30, 09:26)Solo0815 Wrote: In PVR-recordings and LiveTV "PlotOutline" gave some more info about the running or recorded program.
PlotOutline is no longer working for Recordings.
Is that a known issue? I have to use "Episodename" instead.
Why is "PlotOutline" working in LiveTV? Shouldn't both give back the same info?

Thx for clarification

They should. Which pvr backend are you using?
I'm using VDR-server 2.2 which came with LE 8.0 on a WetekPlay as a server and LE 8.0.1 on a RPi3 as the client.

What confuses me is, that "PlotOutline" was working with PVR-Recordings, because I added "PlotOutline" to AeonNox:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/pull/709

I didn't use recordings much in the meantime. Today, I realised that PlotOutline doesn't show (-> PlotOutline is empty). Then I looked at the Estuary-code, which uses "Episodename". Changing "PlotOutline" to "Episodename" make it work again with recordings.

As I mentioned already: PlotOutline is working in LiveTV, but not with recordings.

Please let me know, if you need further Info.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2017-03-30, 17:46)Solo0815 Wrote: I'm using VDR-server 2.2 which came with LE 8.0 on a WetekPlay as a server and LE 8.0.1 on a RPi3 as the client.

What confuses me is, that "PlotOutline" was working with PVR-Recordings, because I added "PlotOutline" to AeonNox:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/pull/709

I didn't use recordings much in the meantime. Today, I realised that PlotOutline doesn't show (-> PlotOutline is empty). Then I looked at the Estuary-code, which uses "Episodename". Changing "PlotOutline" to "Episodename" make it work again with recordings.

As I mentioned already: PlotOutline is working in LiveTV, but not with recordings.

Please let me know, if you need further Info.

Just had a quick look over the implementation of episodename and plotoutline listitem info labels. Both values are containing strictly what gets delivered by the related pvr client add-on.

So, if for you plotoutline is empty it was not filled by the add-on, if episodename contains the actual plotoutline it was put there by the add-on.

EDIT: had a look at the pvr.vdr.vnsi add-on source code as well. It indeed never fills plotoutline which explains why this is always empty for you. But it fills episodename. No idea, why data are semantically incorrect.

Estuary using episodename for plotoutline feels like a bug for me, though it "fixes" shit under some circumstances.

Ping @FernetMenta
Ping @phil65
Then they™ changed/removed it in the backend? I'll ask in the VDR-section and come back if needed

Thx for the clarification.
(2017-03-31, 08:17)Solo0815 Wrote: Then they™ changed/removed it in the backend? I'll ask in the VDR-section and come back if needed

Thx for the clarification.

I just edited my last post. Gave some more background information. Just a headsup in case you missed this.
Just realised that pvr.hts also does not support plotoutline for recordings.
Son of a...
(2017-03-31, 08:44)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Son of a...
It was working! HuhHuhHuh
sorry
But otherwise, I wouldn't have added it.
@kodi PVR-devs:
Please make the use of "Episodename" or "PlotOutline" in Kodi consistent over all PVR-backends:
PlotOutline OR Episodename for Recordings AND LiveTV (including the possible change of "NextPlotOutline")

It is not consistant, if you have to use "Episodename" for Recordings and "PlotOutline" for LiveTV and both contain the same info Confused

This is the situation atm: (for PVR-section)
PlotOutline
LiveTV: working
Recordings: not working - working in VDR after the latest change

Episodename
Recordings: working

NextPlotOutline

NextEpisodename
LiveTV: not working

Another issue is the use of "NextPlotOutline" for the description of the following program in LiveTV.
If it would be consistent, then Kodi should use "NextEpisodename", because "Episodename" has the desription for the currently running program.

The description in the wiki is also not correct for me:
Code:
VideoPlayer.EpisodeName     (PVR only) The name of the episode if the playing video is a TV Show, if it's in the database
EpisodeName contains info, even if LiveTV is a movie, e.g. "Drama USA/2014" for "Good Kill" or "Dokumentarfilm, Großbritannien 2008" for "Wächter der Wüste"
This is not a pvr core issue as the core does not interpret or manipulate the data in any way.

Whenever EpisodeName gets filled by the pvr add-ons with the short description of the content of the show (the plot outline) this is a bug in the add-on. Please file bugs against the misbehaving pvr client add-ons.

To make it even more clear: the semantics of the attributes in question should be well defined. It is all up to the add-ons to fill the data semantically correct. Episode name and plot outline have a completely different semantics.
Ok, understood

But then please add "NextEpisodeName" also as an INFO-string to Kodi. Because maybe someone wants to show the name (Country, year) of the next Episode/TV-broadcast in PVR-info.

Episodename sounds a bit wrong to me, because it is filled with Info about movies also, which are no Episodes Wink
(2017-04-13, 15:41)Solo0815 Wrote: Ok, understood

But then please add "NextEpisodeName" also as an INFO-string to Kodi. Because maybe someone wants to show the name (Country, year) of the next Episode/TV-broadcast in PVR-info.

Episodename sounds a bit wrong to me, because it is filled with Info about movies also, which are no Episodes Wink

Again, episode name has a defined meaning. If some add-ons fill in shit there, blame the add-ons!

You look at this from the wrong perspective, imo. The attribute should not be named after what some devs not knowing better put in there, the devs should put in what is supposed to be put in there, the episode name, nothing else.

Nextepisodename is a feature request and maybe some dev picks this up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PVR] Recordings: PlotOutline vs Episodename0