External firewire audio interface sample rate ext. sync issue?
Hello.
So I'll try to describe the issue as detailed as possible, yet keeping it compact.
It's an HTPC running on AMD 750k cpu with 4gb ram and WINDOWS 7 64bit.

PCIE firewire card with TEXAS INSTRUMENTS chip on it giving out digital signal via FIREWIRE cable to audio interface TC ELECTRONIC 24D, which then forwards digital signal via COAXIAL SPDIF OUT to AD/DA converter clocked to COAXIAL input.

On the Kodi side it is set to WASAPI firewire interface with BEST MATCH/HIGH QUALITY settings which I assume is supposed to pass parameters of sample rate and bit depth unprocessed to the firewire interface.

So what happens is SOMETIMES the AD/DA converter gets confused on the sample rate when I, for example, play a 24/96000 audio file after 16/44100 one or basically play an audio file with different sample rate to a currently playing one.

I tested this with following programs: pro tools, ableton live, sound forge, foobar2000 under the same OS and I couldn't recreate the same issue. Sample rate switched to whatever was being playdback on either of above listed apps.

I attach a debug log which I created with fresh userdata folder (deleted my original one and let kodi create the default one)
I hope it's not too messy and bring in some useful info for the inspection.

Looking forward to any information on the matter and ready to supply anything else that might be needed for a positive resolution of the matter!
thank you!

LOG: https://pastebin.com/u1skSPn2

upd: foobar2000 test with WASAPI in both push and event mode. Both worked fine and dac's sample rate switched according to the source

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External firewire audio interface sample rate ext. sync issue?2