Req Multiple Artists and Hidden Artists
(2020-04-19, 12:21)A-Swiss Wrote: ...switch on the Flag "Show Songs and album artists"
That's the only way to go. 
Yeah thanks for the info. I tried that again and you end up with every random artist in the artists lists when I only want the info pertaining to my "album artists". I did see a suggestion to have an option to prune artists that have less than xx number of tracks. That sounded like a good solution to me. 

There isn't an addon to add custom search or custom lists or something like that is there that would achieve what I am after?
(2020-04-23, 09:41)Krumlov Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 12:21)A-Swiss Wrote: ...switch on the Flag "Show Songs and album artists"
That's the only way to go. 
Yeah thanks for the info. I tried that again and you end up with every random artist in the artists lists when I only want the info pertaining to my "album artists". I did see a suggestion to have an option to prune artists that have less than xx number of tracks. That sounded like a good solution to me. 

There isn't an addon to add custom search or custom lists or something like that is there that would achieve what I am after? 
Not as far as I know. I ended up to use Kodi for Music. I'm on Roon now, which is a paid software, but offers much more related to music.
As for your example with Stevie Nicks - I have in Roon 3 Main Album (what you see now in Kodi's Artist View) and then 5 Album from Fleetwood Mac, and some more Songs shown in Sampler.
This is what you wanted to have (me too) - and when I bought my Network Streamer with USB DAC, I tried Roon and stayed with it. Kodi would still work - but Roon is for music better.
Maybe in Version 19 - Music will get e better detaillied support, as we have for movies.
Within Kodi, we have to accept, that not every usecase can be built.
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)
(2020-04-23, 10:34)A-Swiss Wrote: Within Kodi, we have to accept, that not every usecase can be built. 
I understand that. I will have to look back and see if I can see why people wanted the change though. When I flick the "Show Songs and album artists" option I go from 178 artists to 1150 (I have quite a few compilation albums - also why I wanted to easily find tracks on them that belong to my "album artists"). Its just not workable for me. Anyway I'll just keep my eye on the updates in case there is a change in my favour.
The double use of "show song and album artists" setting to control both what artists get listed in the default artist node, and what albums you see when you click on an artist comes from changes made by me. I was sorting out a mess regarding "compilations" and what albums get listed, and my simple/tidy solution obviously does not suit everyone. I had really hoped to be able to offer more before now, but got overwhelmed by other things (Kodi is an unforgiving mountain) and real life.

I said back in 2017
(2017-03-31, 15:45)DaveBlake Wrote: Your suggested feature to hide those artists with less than X songs is an interesting one. I will think about that. I have in mind other changes that will make it possible to get the old behaviour back, so do not dispair.
The point is that I don't want to add yet another fixed setting that control what albums always get shown when you click on an artist, I want to implement flexible/dynamic filtering that provides that kind of thing and much more. The db is very capable of doing it, but the findamentals of how screen navigation work (implemented over a decade ago) make it much harder to implement.

Meanwhile.... well if you want to see only album artists most of the time (and hence only those albums they are artists of) but sometimes want to see the albums where they are making guests appearences or are the song artist for songs on on various artist compilations, then you could have two artist nodes on your main menu. First showing only album artists, and the other showing both song and album artists. Navigation to albums from one will show just the main albums, from the other it will include where they are only song artists. Not ideal, but a work around.

The other approach is to use Yatse (on an Android device) as your Kodi control. That can switch as a global (music lib wide) filter from showing guest appearences to not. I user Yatse a lot (when listening to music with TV off) and the fitering is much more dynamic that the current Kodi GUI implementation.

Quote:Anyway I'll just keep my eye on the updates in case there is a change in my favour.
You can keep hoping @Krumlov, I will try not to let the comment from @A-Swiss  "Maybe in Version 19 - Music will get better detaillied support, as we have for movies" get me down. I have been working pretty hard on just that for the last 4 years, and I think music db is in a far better state than video db now. But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Artists and Hidden Artists0