We are back!
Well we were doing a major infrastructure update at the same time and the prank was an afterthought to an inevitable outage.

Frankly you don't need the web page or the forum or the mirrors to use Kodi. Only those who were installing or updating over a single 24 hour period were affected. The vast vast majority of people who just watch their TV were simply unaffected.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thumbs Up 
(2017-04-02, 01:12)voochi Wrote: I make a monthly donation to help cover hosting costs. I don't like the idea that a non-profit entity would render the website, forums and repos unusable for 24 hours as a 'prank' and effectively throw users's donations down the drain. It's like giving a sandwich to a beggar and he throws it in the trash can.

I am disappointed more than anything.

Anyone who Saw ICE "Immigration and Customs Enforcement " knew it was good humor of April Fools ! They needed to take down the site for maintenance ,so they combined the 2

Im still laughing how many people on the web thought BIg Brother was coming after them !
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
Come on Guys, wasnt that Funny?

Team Kodi always Try to distancing From Illegal Content, and now them put themselves in that corner by Putting such a Message on the Homescreen. Wasnt that Funny?

All i was Thinking was, what might new User will think about Kodi by seeing these Message. But, eh ..

Was Funny, wasnt if?

---
Big Grin
ICE is actually the org that handles these things.
https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ice-ch...fringement
Later in the afternoon, I did a google search on "Kodi Seized" with a 24 Hours filter. Only a couple of dozen hits turned up. Most of them Forums. Went through and read the comments on more than a few of them and two problems clearly stood out... which were laughable....

1. People had uninstalled Kodi, so they could install the updated v17.1
2. "***" Unmentionable Add-Ons had stopped working because of this April Fools joke, and people were inconvenienced because their movie/show had stopped mid-stream

I am no coder/programmer/developer, but a little bit of common sense should prevail...

Honestly who on Earth uninstalls a program, and then decides to download the update....

As for 2... what can I say...
(2017-04-02, 01:19)nickr Wrote: Well we were doing a major infrastructure update at the same time and the prank was an afterthought to an inevitable outage.

Frankly you don't need the web page or the forum or the mirrors to use Kodi. Only those who were installing or updating over a single 24 hour period were affected. The vast vast majority of people who just watch their TV were simply unaffected.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Soon we won't need Kodi either if you are making up these cruel jokes. Cool
(2017-04-02, 01:21)Rickt1962 Wrote: Im still laughing how many people on the web thought BIg Brother was coming after them !
Looking online I see very few people who 'fell for it'.

Many knew full well that it was joke but were still inconvenienced. Others did not even see the ICE notice until after they wasted a couple of hours troubleshooting.
(2017-04-02, 01:40)voochi Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 01:21)Rickt1962 Wrote: Im still laughing how many people on the web thought BIg Brother was coming after them !

Many knew full well that it was joke but were still inconvenienced. Others did not even see the ICE notice until after they wasted a couple of hours troubleshooting.

You can't expect all the people know what ICE means.
Not funny. Kodi just stopped working on Tapatalk on 31.03.
(2017-04-02, 02:00)UserFI Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 01:40)voochi Wrote:

You can't expect all the people would know what ICE means.
Sorry for redundant reply, I tried to correct my sentence. Wink
(2017-04-02, 02:18)HeresJohnny Wrote: Not funny. Kodi just stopped working on Tapatalk on 31.03.
If you are trying to watch TV on Tapatalk, you're doing it wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-02, 01:31)keith Wrote: ICE is actually the org that handles these things.

Yeah but ICE typically doesn't include a link to Never Gonna Give You Up in their messages and then later edit the hyperlink out. >_>
(2017-04-02, 04:40)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 01:31)keith Wrote: ICE is actually the org that handles these things.

Yeah but ICE typically doesn't include a link to Never Gonna Give You Up in their messages and then later edit the hyperlink out. >_>

That part is, admittedly, more rare.
(2017-04-02, 01:28)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Come on Guys, wasnt that Funny?

Team Kodi always Try to distancing From Illegal Content, and now them put themselves in that corner by Putting such a Message on the Homescreen. Wasnt that Funny?

All i was Thinking was, what might new User will think about Kodi by seeing these Message. But, eh ..

Was Funny, wasnt if?

---
Big Grin

This is actually a pretty interesting point, because it's like watching the universe act in reverse. Every other day of the year, we always say that Kodi is not connected to piracy addons, while twitter and youtube completely disagree with us. Today, we made the joke that Kodi WAS connected to it according to the gov't, and wouldn't you know, twitter and youtube completely disagreed with us. It was actually pretty nice seeing everyone argue, for sometimes the first time ever, that Kodi is just a media player and not connected with pirate addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We are back!0