Why they don't keep one version ????
Everytime a new Kodi comes up,don't you think people will get fed up and tired downloading and installing new versions all the time? I don't see there is a need for that .why they don't develop one version and keep updating what it is necessarily once in a while,maybe a new version every 2 years or so.

It is a just a thought,what do you think guys?
Development goes faster than that. You don't have to update though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:what do you think guys?

Only because you are asking... It is an incredibly naïve idea.

Will the rest of the technological world also slow down their progress, just so they don't outrun Kodi? Maybe H.265 should never have been designed, nor UHD BluRay. Maybe the graphics card manufacturers, should also stop improving their hardware. Maybe Dolby and DTS can also stop creating new Codec's?

What do you think now?

And, simple, if you don't want to update... then don't! No-one is asking you to.
(2017-04-02, 06:58)patricke222 Wrote: Everytime a new Kodi comes up,don't you think people will get fed up and tired downloading and installing new versions all the time? I don't see there is a need for that .why they don't develop one version and keep updating what it is necessarily once in a while,maybe a new version every 2 years or so.

It is a just a thought,what do you think guys?

My Raspberry PIs and my Linux Desktop update automatically.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Dont worry you can still go back to Atlantis :-)
You should install from one of the app stores: Google Play or Windows Store. Then it can update in the background automatically and you don't have to do anything.
nobody forces people to update. If you're happy with the feature set of the Kodi version you're running, just keep it like that.
Damn !!! some people are so rude in their replies to a simple thing.They think their ssshhhttttt doesn't stink.
I know new hardwares come up to the market and new things come up every freaking day.That's not an issue for people who know at leats a little bit how to navigate and install things when it is needed,but if you install Kodi in Gbox midnight to your grandma,or grandpa, in order to help cut their cable bill they don't know these things...
and by the way the version Kodi in Gbox doesn't update itself you have to download it,install it and go through all that shit. The apps ( addons ) updates itself but not the platform.

Thanks for your replies guys and I am out of this BS.
if i need help I will seek if somewhere else.
You didn't ask for help you made a statement.... and those informed you rudely or not why they will not just be one version... and as for your grandma, I have my parents setup without internet running Jarvis no issues and it will always be that way until I personally decide to update the box my self. But like you there is no need atm so I haven't ... on the same note I am personally using 17 and will be moving to 18 as soon as the addons become more stable with it... and I like the new features they are implementing.

Not sure if you actually thought that they would stop all development just because you don't want to upgrade when there is a new version is ridiculous... when a new version is release they are just telling everyone that it at a stable point with a lot of improvements..... BTW your not paying for it so what does it matter... this is some of the best software I have ever used.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Don't misunderstood me I appreciate Kodi people for all the efforts that they are doing for people like us to cut the cable of the greediest people in earth.
I got it you can use any version you like I'm not complaining about anything.

Thanks though for your comment.
Kodi does not replace cable. I don't get why you think it does.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think he is confusing Kodi with the piracy streaming add-ons that keep breaking. Kodi DOES NOT provide any content, it's basically just a media player with support for add-ons. It's the add-ons that grab the content from piracy websites and feed it to Kodi. And yes, these piracy add-ons tend to break on a regular basis, but that has nothinig to do with Kodi. Please educate yourself about what KODI really is. We do neither provide these add-ons, nor do we suggest to use them.
(2017-04-04, 05:41)patricke222 Wrote: Damn !!! some people are so rude in their replies to a simple thing.They think their ssshhhttttt doesn't stink.

Thanks for your replies guys and I am out of this BS.
if i need help I will seek if somewhere else.

Good. Bye.
(2017-04-04, 07:53)da-anda Wrote: I think he is confusing Kodi with the piracy streaming add-ons that keep breaking. Kodi DOES NOT provide any content, it's basically just a media player with support for add-ons. It's the add-ons that grab the content from piracy websites and feed it to Kodi. And yes, these piracy add-ons tend to break on a regular basis, but that has nothinig to do with Kodi. Please educate yourself about what KODI really is. We do neither provide these add-ons, nor do we suggest to use them.

+1 to this

My Kodi installs dont have all these piracy addons installed... and I upgrade with no issues and enjoy the new functionality from new versions. I actually had more issues upgrading Windows 10 in the devices rather than Kodi (broke all the custom keymaps, and downgraded the display driver to a older broken one)
One might as well ask why we aren't all using windows 3.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why they don't keep one version ????0