[MAC] HOW-TO use Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote to control XBMC for Mac
Thanks Dark just trying it now...

I have to put the other folder in this pack into the mac's application files right?
It works to navigate but there is only 9 buttons you can use?

Can i get the other buttons to control the volume and a few other bits like on the old xbox remote?

Cheers
The current issue with using the PS3 Remote on the Mac, is that it requires repairing every time it needs to be used (unless it is never disconnected in which case the battery will get drained).

If you're tech savvy enough and have a Linux machine with Bluetooth on your network, you can use the ps3d event client to control your Mac. Under Linux, you only need to pair it once and after that, it will auto connect as soon as you press any button on the remote. This also works quite well with the PS3 Sixaxis Controller.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Morph1us Wrote:Can i get the other buttons to control the volume and a few other bits like on the old xbox remote?
Cheers

I don't think the keymap is configurable from the looks of it. You will need to contact the author of the application if you want to make any changes to it, since I don't believe it is open source.

Again, if you're tech savvy enough and have enough knowledge about installing Python modules, you can try the command line ps3 remote event client, which allows you to customize the keymap. There is however no user level documentation for this program, but it does work Smile
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the info Dark you know your stuff.

I have no idea about linux i am just a old school XBMC user from the xbox 1, upgraded to mac mini for HD video....

Wish i new a bit about python and coding to help.... Sad

It just seemed strange to me that loads of other ppl were not having the same probs as me with controling the mac mini.

How does everyone else control XBMC?

If there is a good remote that does all i want i will buy it, i though the ps3 remote would have been great as it is BT so no line of site issues.

Has the ps3remote app been dropped now?

Cheers
Morph1us Wrote:How does everyone else control XBMC?
Apple Remote, (or a universal remote which supports mimicking the Apple Remote), compatible with Apple products introduced in 2005 or later that have a built-in Infrared (IR) receiver.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA128G...MTIxODk3Mw
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Gamester

I have that remote i got it with the mini mac but its not able to do all the things the old xbox remote could...

There must be a beter remote than that one?

Cheers
Wow this app is amazing and it's free(Atleast now I don't have to pay 20 Euro and be forced to use Plex because Remote Buddy does only support Plex not Xbmc for mac)
Tough I want to assign more buttons but no plist is being created Sad
Hello,
I'm Matteo, _tv_ are you going to release the source code of the program to sync ps3 remote with Mac?
I'm studying objective-c and I would like to create an open source app to sync ps3 remote with Mac continuing development of your app.

I wait here for any news, Matteo. Smile
Hello, is it possible to use it under AppleTV? Could it be:
-Hack to enable BT
-Install Remote by sftp
-open it ...
?
Thanks
il_ferra Wrote:Hello, is it possible to use it under AppleTV? Could it be:
-Hack to enable BT
-Install Remote by sftp
-open it ...
?
Thanks

The AppleTV does not have native BlueTooth hardware, you would need to add a USB bluetooth controller.
Hi TV

Is it possible to share the ps3 remote app source code. I am hoping to continue developing a stand alone ps3 app for mac. Since it may be useful with other media center apps as well.

regards
djk
So, what is the current standard for using a PS3 Controller via Bluetooth to a mac? I have a Mac without IR (I got a BT dongle) and am setting it up as my media server w/ XBMC. I am looking for a good bluetooth remote, and I like the PS3 controller. Are there any up-to-date instructions or documentation on how to do this? Or a recommendation for a different reliable, easy to use with XBMC, bluetooth remote?
(2014-03-01, 21:49)patrissimo2 Wrote: So, what is the current standard for using a PS3 Controller via Bluetooth to a mac?

Remote Buddy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO use Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote to control XBMC for Mac0