Kodi Crashing on Launch (Minimum OS X version supported for 17.1?)
My install of Kodi stopped working when I installed 17.1 and won't launch. Launching via command line gives me Illegal Instruction: 4 while the OS X error report is showing as this. There's no output to the standard Kodi debug log and from what I'm reading this is an issue where the OS version isn't supported. I thought I had 17.0 running on 10.7 but maybe I was mistaken. Also I'm not seeing much on the minimum supported version of OS X. If this is the issue, no big deal I'll install Windows 7, but I'd rather not go through the trouble if I don't have to.
You will need at least OS X 10.8 to run Kodi 17.
(2017-04-03, 10:42)Rechi Wrote: You will need at least OS X 10.8 to run Kodi 17.

The downloads page states " An Intel Mac running OS X 10.6 or higher is required."

This is incorrect?
(2017-04-07, 21:52)SansMoins Wrote: The downloads page states " An Intel Mac running OS X 10.6 or higher is required."

This is incorrect?

The download page is incorrect, OS X 10.8 or higher is required.
Already informed the responsible persons.
Hi,

I still have the same problem with OSX 10.12.4.

I installed and de-installed and installed it again via the website and it still won't open.

Please advise what to do.

Thanks!

Regards,
Fiona
Sad 
it won't launch on mines either. i have version 10.12.4 also.
Maybe http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311058 is the solution.
If it doesn't solve your issue, post a Debug log (wiki).
Im stuck 10.12.4 on my mac as it wont reboot after installing 10.12.5 glad its not my main pc as apple are uninterested

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Crashing on Launch (Minimum OS X version supported for 17.1?)0