How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this
(2023-01-11, 23:48)Dangelus Wrote: And another (and very easy) option to manually update Kodi on Android TV is to use the Kodi Android Installer addon from the official repo.

https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/script.kod...oid.update
Yeah great addon and also auto detects correct version for your system! Good job on this addon 👍
(2023-01-11, 23:48)Dangelus Wrote: And another (and very easy) option to manually update Kodi on Android TV is to use the Kodi Android Installer addon from the official repo.

Can someone please enlighten me on  how the Android Installer addon is supposed to function?  I have installed and used it to download the final 20.0 release, but after the download finishes (without error), nothing happens.  the download window just goes away and i am left looking at the Installer selection window where I just selected a release for download.  I have restarted Kodi without any change.

Is the downloaded file supposed to be installed automatically, or do I need to trigger it somehow?

I am running Kodi 19.5 on a MECOOL Android TV 11 box.
under normal circumstances it would open a file selection window after download to allow you to select the file from an android file manager for installation
if youre not getting this im guessing your android box does not have a standard file manager that kodi knows about or knows how to call
im not aware if this behavior would be in the kodi log to see if it failed to open a file manager
(2023-01-21, 21:25)Mauser Wrote:

Can someone please enlighten me on  how the Android Installer addon is supposed to function?  I have installed and used it to download the final 20.0 release, but after the download finishes (without error), nothing happens.  the download window just goes away and i am left looking at the Installer selection window where I just selected a release for download.  I have restarted Kodi without any change.

Is the downloaded file supposed to be installed automatically, or do I need to trigger it somehow?

I am running Kodi 19.5 on a MECOOL Android TV 11 box.

Yeah it should open a Files window allowing you to install the update.

If you download X-Plore app in the Play Store your new version of Kodi should now be located in the Download folder ready to install.

After installation and booting up Kodi again the file should be auto removed by Kodi so future updates over time won’t be filling up your storage space.
Thanx for your replies - something is definitely wrong on my system.  I repeated the download several times with the same results.  I was able to find the downloaded file with a file manager, but nothing ever happened until I restarted Kodi.  On a restart, I would see a very quick message in the top right corner from the Android Installer that said the installation was complete and the file was being deleted, but the software was never upgraded (the file, however, DID get deleted each time).

So I used a Downloader app to manually get the update file, and that worked perfectly,  Not only did it download the file MUCH faster than the Android Installer had, but as soon as it was done, I got the pop-up window that asked to do the install, which then worked perfectly.

It may be unrelated, but I will also note that the Kodi log file plugin also has not worked on my box in the past.  It is there, but when I try to use it to get a copy of the log file, it does nothing at all.  I was assuming that was being caused by the strange behavior of Android TV 11 that blocks most apps from accessing Android system folder.  So I have work arounds for both of those plugins, but it is strange that they do not work for me. 

Note that after I succeeded in getting the 20.0 update, the Logfile uploader DOES seem to  be working today.  I have no idea how I can test the Android Installer now, since I am now on the most current release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install Kodi from website/url - Read if having problems doing this1