closing thoughts
I just wanted to vent that the help here had been very discouraging [aka i'm prepared for your banhammer]. I had troubles which i presume were a direct result of Kodi's prank, preventing the repo from being accessed after a factory reset

I made a thorough and well reasoned post, which mentioned a plethora of steps i had taken to troubleshoot. because one of them was testing other repos as a means of troubleshooting and singling out an issue with YOUR SOFTWARE.

Since this forum has had my 3 premier interactions with genuine questions flagged as spam, I am all done trying to seek help here. I thought i might join and support the community, but clearly there's too much red tape to even get support.

fwiw, 2 other kodi-based forums were more instrumental in actually helping me with issues pertaining to official kodi software - tres ironic.

maybe if you all can't handle the heat, you should stop designing software which was borne from illicit softmodding in the first place. You're going to stay under the fire from major tv developers until you're gone, so maybe try helping the honest people a tad more. I wish you all the best.
(2017-04-03, 20:20)ab519 Wrote: maybe if you all can't handle the heat, you should stop designing software which was borne from illicit softmodding in the first place. You're going to stay under the fire from major tv developers until you're gone, so maybe try helping the honest people a tad more. I wish you all the best.

source ?
i've yet to see any major tv network (what's a major tv developer ? o.O) firing on Kodi.
if you think that some journalist that writes an article or makes a documentary for something like the BBC getting their facts a bit simplified and implying Kodi would be "piracy-based", represents the opinion of the whole network (read : their executives), then you're naive.

No major network sued Kodi ever so far, because it takes only one of their many lawyers 10 minutes to figure out Kodi is the wrong target for ANY related lawsuit.

Your opinion, I'm sure, is noted. But I don't think it'll make anyone reflect, because it's not substantiated.
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
Quote: 3 premier interactions with genuine questions flagged as spam
3 Posts were binned as containing material that was in-contravention to the rules of the forum that you agreed to on joining this forum (one would think you might get a clue, and read the links provided in anyone of those messages). Who knows what your problems are... we offer ZERO support once it's clear you have ignored the forums rules.

Guess you think the Aprils fools page was a joke, too bad you didn't get the wide picture, that Kodi is suffering because of the actions of others. You think other sites supporting piracy and copyright infringement is support...? Doesn't help us one bit and if Kodi is gone, you will have done everyone a disservice, but hey you don't care, it's only your issue that is important. This is the kind of selfish attitude that the community fights everyday.

Quote:developers until you're gone, so maybe try helping the honest people a tad more. I wish you all the best.

The word honest is incongruent in this case, and your best wishes seem to fall short. The only part of this I like are the words 'until you're gone' pointing back at you.
This thread can only be thought of as off topic, moving accordingly.
Goodbye and good riddance.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
closing thoughts0