[Add-on Request] Open a file or send a keyboard shortcut based on audio type
Context:
For some reason, with the way the Windows OS works, when you have your sound settings set to 5.1 or 7.1 audio and you play something with stereo audio, it will only play audio out of the front left and right speaker and not use the receiver's ability to upmix the sound to all the speakers (through something like Dolby Pro Logic II). However, when you set the Windows sound settings to stereo, the receiver is able to upmix the sound. To fix this issue, i've created a couple small programs that will change the sound settings to Stereo or 5.1 by clicking them or through a keyboard shortcut. I've also used an Autohotkey to automatically change the sound setting based on what program is open. Unfortunately, that solution does not work with Kodi because my library has a variety of different sound types. I know Kodi does offer a stereo upmix setting, but it seems to be broken on my computer, and I haven't been able to get any DSP add-ons to work.

The Add-on I Need:
I am looking for an add-on that would look at what audio type a video file has (2.0 / 5.1) and either send a different keyboard shortcut for either option or run a different file for either option.

For Example:
You click on a video with 2.0 audio -> It either sends a keyboard shortcut (e.g. ctrl-alt-A) or runs C:/.../stereo.exe
You click on a video with 5.1 audio -> It either sends a keyboard shortcut (e.g. ctrl-alt-S) or runs C:/.../surround.exe

I'm honestly not entirely sure if this is possible or if there is some other hidden solution that's right under my nose, but any help would be greatly appreciated! Whether that would be making an add-on, suggesting another solution, or just pointing me in the right direction for where to figure out how to do this myself.

Thanks so much for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Add-on Request] Open a file or send a keyboard shortcut based on audio type0