Will not turn on after Krypton upgrade
I downloaded the latest Kodi update directly from Kodi.tv and it does the same, i see it come up in my task manager for about 5 secs, then dissapears, Kodi does not launch anymore
Post a Debug log (wiki).
(2017-04-04, 06:03)GratefulGary420 Wrote: I tried to upgrade to 17.1 and now can't turn on Kodi at all. I get this error message. kodi.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-crt-runtime-/1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
I have tried to reinstall kodi twice now with the same results.

You need windows updates. I had the same issues but updated my windows now it works.
likewise happy running 16.1 then it said i needed the krypton uprade followed instructions ....nothing, uninstalling everything to start a fresh 17.1...... NOTHING
I didnt download it when it first came out because I knew there would be glitches but this is ridiculous
(2017-04-04, 05:20)nascarl Wrote: I'm having the same problem on windows 8.1. uninstalled kodi16.1 with windows uninstaller. restarted, installed 17.1 and it wont open.
this worked for me. found it in another thread

Open Explorer in Windows (Windowskey + E) and paste in %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database in the top field.
Find the file called Addons27.db and delete it.
This file sometimes cause this issue.
blossom24 I got it from the site it suggested of link removed
I try uninstalling completely and reinstalling from the Windows Play Store @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/...koditvlink No change. It does the spinning busy icon for like 3 seconds and then nothing. Not showing the the task manager, so I assume it is not doing anything.
II have tried this and it made no change.

(2017-04-04, 05:32)blossom24 Wrote: Hi BlagTheRippa

I'm having the same problem on windows 8.1. uninstalled kodi16.1 with windows uninstaller. restarted, installed 17.1 and it wont open.
this worked for me. found it in another thread

Open Explorer in Windows (Windowskey + E) and paste in %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database in the top field.
Find the file called Addons27.db and delete it.
This file sometimes cause this issue.
[/quote]
(2017-04-04, 20:04)BlagTheRippa Wrote: blossom24 I got it from the site it suggested of link removed
I try uninstalling completely and reinstalling from the Windows Play Store @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/...koditvlink No change. It does the spinning busy icon for like 3 seconds and then nothing. Not showing the the task manager, so I assume it is not doing anything.

FIXED FINALLY!!! Mine was acting the same exact way with the spinning icon for 3 seconds. It took awhile but I was finally able to get the whole copy & pasting of this to work %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database. It wouldn't do anything the first few times when I pasted this in the programs box. I probably did something wrong at first. But when it worked I erased the "Addon29" then tried opening Kodi and wallah... it's opening now! Hope this helps.
Honestly, i have no idea what to do. Wish I NEVER uninstalled 16 for 17 because now I have nothing to watch and no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install I get the same thing...no help. Peace
@BlagTheRippa - your post contains reference and link to a banned addon (wiki) site which is a violation of our forum rules (wiki).

Please actually read them and do not do it again. Also note that any device containing such piracy add-ons and builds are not supported here.

To everyone in this thread - the "requirement" to upgrade is a total lie being picked by that piracy site and just goes to show what happens if you rely on 3rd party parasites. There is no need or requirement to upgrade anything unless you want to.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, im hoping someone can shed some light on whats going on with mine?

Will not open at all, windows store version or the version from here, tried unchecking 'exclusive control' box in the sound card settings, and deleting the 27 db line. i am not great with computers so will need steps or something to copy and paste to get to any changes that might fix it. i love kodi so would appreciate any help!

https://pastebin.com/3VvYJ5h7
I have windows 10 64 bit with 8 GB Ram
When I downloaded the new Krypton 17.1, I first tried to install over my old 16.1 version and when I click on the Kodi icon nothing happens.
So I Unistalled Kodi and thought I would start over.
I went to the Kodi.tv website and downloaded Krypton 17.1 but the same thing happened. When I go to the Kodi folder it looks like everything is alright and I dont get any error messages. Kodi will just not work at all..
Please help!
How so please? I got it from the windows store and the kodi site independently. How could it be pirated?
Better question, how do I undo any damage done by installing this "piracy download" and get my Kodi back?
I have considered the Kodi Box option, but I really prefer it worked on my computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will not turn on after Krypton upgrade1