Will not turn on after Krypton upgrade
I keep getting "unable to create application: Error after installation wizard, any suggestions ?
(2017-04-04, 21:46)BlagTheRippa Wrote: Better question, how do I undo any damage done by installing this "piracy download" and get my Kodi back?

Uninstall Kodi, then in windows explorer go to

%appdata% for a normal install
%localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming for a store install

You should find a Kodi folder there, which is where all addons and settings are stored. Delete that folder then reinstall Kodi from either this site or the Windows store (not from anywhere else). That will give you a brand new clean fresh install.

You can then set it up as you wish, but if recommend avoiding repos and addons on the banned addons (wiki) list, plus 3rd party sites and builds. If an add-on etc is offering stuff you'd normally need to pay for for free then you can consider it to be dodgy.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
DarrenHill I have tried that :/ No change.

(2017-04-04, 20:04)BlagTheRippa Wrote: blossom24 I got it from the site it suggested of link removed
I try uninstalling completely and reinstalling from the Windows Play Store @ https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/...koditvlink No change. It does the spinning busy icon for like 3 seconds and then nothing. Not showing the the task manager, so I assume it is not doing anything.

Darrel
Uninstall Kodi, then go to

%appdata% for a normal install
%localappdata%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming for a store install

You should find a Kodi folder there, which is where all addons and settings are stored. Delete that folder then reinstall Kodi from either this site or the Windows store. That will give you a brand new clean fresh install.

You can then set it up as you wish, but if recommend avoiding repos and addons on the banned addons (wiki) list, plus 3rd party sites and builds. If an add-on etc is offering stuff you'd normally need to pay for for free then you can consider it to be dodgy....
Solved! Needed Windows update. As soon as that completed Kodi reacted like normal. It gave me the same message, about a necessary Upgrade. This time I selected Dismiss and Kodi was normal again!
quote='blossom24' pid='2562127' dateline='1491288275']
(2017-04-04, 05:41)[email protected] Wrote: Hello,

I am having the same issue.
The site was link removed - not allowed here even in quoting

Hello,

Out of curiosity... why would you download a version of Kodi from the above mentioned site... then come here for assistance? The problem being that it is a modified version of Kodi, so very few people here would know what could be the cause of the problem. Especially when your only description of the problem is... "I am having the same issue"

The only help on offer at this stage is to uninstall that version and install a clean version of Kodi, downloaded from here. If the problem persists, we can help you.

And this extract from that website is on every page of that site...
Quote:Kodi Addons
Kodi is a registered trademark of the XBMC Foundation. We are not connected to or in any other way affiliated with Kodi, Team Kodi, or the XBMC Foundation. Furthermore, any software, addons, or products offered by us will receive no support in official Kodi channels, including the Kodi forums and various social networks.
[/quote]

A popup within Kodi directed me to the site. I did not search for the site. So I admit to getting duped as I would assume all of the other noobs posting the same thing in this thread were.
Luckily, it was an easy fix.

Thanks
Quote:A popup within Kodi directed me to the site

Hello jlhobdey,

I know. So much info out there it is difficult to sift through it all. But... Kodi offers no such popups... so you still may have a banned build installed if you haven't already uninstalled it. So just be wary if you need help in the future.

Glad it is all sorted out.
They are one of the worst parasites we have, and are strongly contributing to killing off Kodi through their actions and the dodgy crap malware addons that they peddle. References and links to them are not permitted here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I also have windows 10
I have upgraded to Krypton and it will not turn on.
I have uninstalled and re installed several times directly from Kodi.

It worked OK on my Mac but will not work on windows 10.

I tried to re download Jarvis but get switched to Krypton.

Any Ideas ??
Post a Debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will not turn on after Krypton upgrade1