Question about video-editing software.
What program should I use in order to re-edit and change the aspect ratio of an MKV file without degrading the video and audio quality of the source video?
Thread moved to off-topic
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Use MKVToolNix-GUI (https://mkvtoolnix.download/)

It's free and can change the aspect ratio of your mkv without reencoding the video (or audio)
What program should I use to re-edit an MKV file while preserving the quality of the source video. Also, what is the best program for changing the aspect ratio.
Moving to off topic, as this isn't core Kodi-related.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Look at mkvmerge - specifically, the GUI version for ease - if you just want to change the aspect ratio flag.

To edit, avidemux works for me, although it's in eternal development and can choke on some files with dodgy timestamps.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Threads merged. Don't keep asking the same questions please.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about video-editing software.0