Problem Using PC-DVD drive in XBMC
Hey guys,

I've recently installed a PC DVD drive in my xbox seeing as the last time I played a game on it was at least 8 months ago and since then it's been used solely as a media server.

Background Info: I've removed the original drive completely and flashed my bios with one that doesn't detect the DVD rom so that it will boot rather than crashing. I haven't yet wired the PC drive into the yellow power cable, mainly because I'm using a drive that I have no idea where to put the appropriate points to have it send that information to the xbox. I've also set the appropriate <usepcdvdrom>True</usepcdvdrom> tags in the advancedsettings.xml file.

In AVLaunch and UnleashX it is somewhat buggy but it does work. Booting games (backups) and movies (Proper DVD's) works fine, but when it comes to browsing DVD's that I've burnt with AVI or MP3 files on it, it keeps telling me the Path is Invalid.

As far as I could guess, I had thought that xbmc would simply look at whatever was plugged into the appropriate IDE slots, but I was apparantly wrong.

Is there a known work around to this problem, or am I going to have to switch back to the old Phillips (Urgh) drive until I can figure out what points to solder to get the appropriate signals?

Thanks for any input you can provide,

HeWhoWas
I have recently had the misfortune of my xbox dvd drive going dead, so I have installed an external Pioneer 109 DVD drive using a y splitter and the usual trick featured in the xbmc manual & on xbox-scene. I have read a couple of threads here on the forums and tried searching for a more definitive answer but I have not come across one has of yet. The external PC dvd rom drive does not work in xbmc I have read about a hot wire trick but before I try this I was wondering if there was an easier way of accomplishing what I want using maybe the .xml settings in xbmc. If someone could point me in the right direction I Would be most grateful as my eyes are beginning to bleed from all this reading. Thanks
I would also like to know if there is a work around sorry mods Ive posted another topic on this then found this thread.
bump for what its worthOo
Xbox-Scene ... they deal with Xbox hardware, or you might be lucky enough that Bomb Bloke finds this post before the mods move it - hes pretty much at guru level Wink

A mod I never tried.... always just used Samsung drives...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Using PC-DVD drive in XBMC0