Cant launch games with krypton (controller problem)
BTW, there is some kind of scrapper for this? I only add roms directory and roms gets listed, but have no way to scrap for content.
(2016-08-12, 22:55)trihy Wrote: BTW, there is some kind of scrapper for this? I only add roms directory and roms gets listed, but have no way to scrap for content.

No, there is no scraper yet. Much progress has been made, including an AI-driven metadata extraction engine, a ROM metadata extractor, and a pull request for Python-based scrapers.

The only missing piece right now is a game database. This is because Kodi's database code is in bad shape. We've evaluated adding a database ORM, but the leading candidate required heavy build system changes. This was a problem in the past because our build system was spread out across many different platforms.

Team Kodi is in the process of consolidating all build systems across all platforms into CMake. ATM, the Visual Studio project is gone, but the Xcode one still remains. When we go CMake-only, it'll be possible to integrate the leading ORM candidate. This will finally allow a game database to be built, and everything the game database has been blocking until now, including scrapers, per-game and per-emulator settings, etc.
(2016-08-13, 01:23)garbear Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 22:55)trihy Wrote: BTW, there is some kind of scrapper for this? I only add roms directory and roms gets listed, but have no way to scrap for content.

No, there is no scraper yet. Much progress has been made, including an AI-driven metadata extraction engine, a ROM metadata extractor, and a pull request for Python-based scrapers.

The only missing piece right now is a game database. This is because Kodi's database code is in bad shape. We've evaluated adding a database ORM, but the leading candidate required heavy build system changes. This was a problem in the past because our build system was spread out across many different platforms.

Team Kodi is in the process of consolidating all build systems across all platforms into CMake. ATM, the Visual Studio project is gone, but the Xcode one still remains. When we go CMake-only, it'll be possible to integrate the leading ORM candidate. This will finally allow a game database to be built, and everything the game database has been blocking until now, including scrapers, per-game and per-emulator settings, etc.

Out of curiosity, what is it that makes the system cmake only? I've run VS projects coupled with cmake before and they compile fine. Other systems that aren't VS friendly or just philosophically getting away from reliance on VS?
Cmake will create the visual Studio files when you need them. Now devs adding new files working on osx don't have to ask a windows dev to update the project. Same vice versa.
Just add the file to the cmake list and done
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Gotcha.
(2016-08-12, 07:30)trihy Wrote: Dont know how to exit a game in retroplayer, cause only can load a gamethe first time, then I get playback bar with no game showing on screen. I have to re open kodi and will load again a game, only the first time. So, didnt tried too much until next build.
(2016-08-12, 07:30)garbear Wrote: Can you check with the builds I'll upload later tonight if this is still a problem?

Tried latest build, no more playback bar with no game on screen. Now works fine everytime you select a game, not just the first time.

Great progress Big Grin
(2016-07-29, 18:06)trihy Wrote: Hi guys, I always used kodi to launch some games and also for RBC.

Problem is, the way krypton handles controllers, it keep receiving command from xbox controller even when is minimized or in second plane.

So, while you are playing a game, you are sending controllers commands to kodi also, so you can end up with all your movies deleted, settings changed or who knows what.
Hi,

I am having the extact same issue on the latest Windows version 17.5 

When running a game using my Xbox 360 controller, Kodi is being controlled in the background and doing all sorts of things when playing a game. How can i stop Kodi being controlled in the background when playing a game, I am running RCB for launching games 

Please help

Thanks
(2017-11-14, 21:31)root55 Wrote:
(2016-07-29, 18:06)trihy Wrote: Hi guys, I always used kodi to launch some games and also for RBC.

Problem is, the way krypton handles controllers, it keep receiving command from xbox controller even when is minimized or in second plane.

So, while you are playing a game, you are sending controllers commands to kodi also, so you can end up with all your movies deleted, settings changed or who knows what.
Hi,

I am having the extact same issue on the latest Windows version 17.5 

When running a game using my Xbox 360 controller, Kodi is being controlled in the background and doing all sorts of things when playing a game. How can i stop Kodi being controlled in the background when playing a game, I am running RCB for launching games 

Please help

Thanks 

I couldn't reproduce this with v18. Can you see if the issue exists in the latest v18 nightlies?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant launch games with krypton (controller problem)0