OS X No addons available/visible for Kodi running on a Mac computer
(2017-04-05, 17:45)Memphiz Wrote: Also that log from libreelec shows

Code:
URLError: urlopen error [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name Resolution

Looks like you have issues with dns configuration.

The problem is I have no problems with internet or LAN access from my Macs at all, so as my friends who were kind enough to check the issue on their machines.

I saw that string in my log and I understand it somehow connected to the issue, but, again, no problems with any kind of network access extst on my Macs and on my friends's ones.

And as soon as the general repository is launched I can access the add-ons in every dedicated section like weather, music, etc.

The issue seems to appear only on fresh Kodi installations on Apple machines.
I've recovered MacOS on my Mac Mini, installed Kodi 17.1 from the scratch and tested add-ons.

No addons visible/available untill Add-Ons -> Enter add-on browser -> Install from repository is selected.

I have also selected "Weather" within "Install from repository" but I don't think it is necessary.

Now I have add-ons working for every Kodi section, or at least that seems so.

The same is for LibreELEC installed on Mac Mini.
Don't get your last post. Does it work now or not?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-04-06, 07:38)Memphiz Wrote: Don't get your last post. Does it work now or not?

Doesn't work out of the box.

Needs to visit Add-Ons -> Enter add-on browser -> Install first to make add-ons visible in every separate section like Music, Video, Weather, etc.
works fine on my mac, is it banned addons your trying to access? that would explain your problem 100% and end the thread.
I wonder if anyone who's paid attention to this thread can read Huh

No add-ons in every separate section, until general add-ons vault is launched. Just launched. Then standard repositories pre-provided by Kodi appear and can be used.

I now really understand why Kodi still can't manage images and provides the weakest support for libraries ever: no one can read here! Rofl
just no one else has this problem but if its working now good Smile

I didnt do a fresh install but everything was as it should be.
(2017-04-09, 22:51)Derek Wrote: just no one else has this problem but if its working now good Smile
Nothing good if it doesn't work out of the box.
Let's hope the devs don't also thing it is good. Cool

(2017-04-09, 22:51)Derek Wrote: I didnt do a fresh install but everything was as it should be.
It's exactly why you can't see that.
yeah i see what your saying so http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Submit_a_bug_report
Too complicated method of submitting bugs, especially when I'm not sure I'm going to use Kodi further due to its weak library support.

They must provide a simple feedback window instead of several pages instruction about how to submit a bug. I'm a regular user and find absolutely no fun in reading huge manuals just to do a simple thing.
If you dont want to support the FREE software by submitting a bug report then dont expect things to work out of the box and what is this weak library support more likely miss use or bad setup as you obviously have a dns problem in the log provided.

Ive used xbmc/kodi since xbox times and its always worked as it should when configured correctly.
Kodi can't properly sort media files and have no proper support for pictures since the very beginning, while devs just ignoring all requests and questions regarding those matters. It is the fact.

So it is clear that the devs believe that Kodi is developed enough to make any further improvements. It is also the fact, unfortunately. Or looks like that.

While there are sponsors Kodi is not a free software, but is is NVIDIA and friends who pays my Kodi related bills. It is the third fact.

I have no dns problems in spite of the logs say opposite. Especially when it needs such inobvious step as visiting a menu item to make other function to work properly. It is a bug, man! Cool

And while developers team provide such complicated way of reporting bugs I truly believe that the most people who have faced any misbehavior related to Kodi would just continue to keep silence.
But there is the forum though...

I would better help the developers by making a donation or by purchasing the Kodi box, but I can clearly see that they believe the Kodi is perfect already, so that I will never meet the obvious features and possibilities I expect from software which means to be a Media Center. If I will never get what I want then why spend money or efforts in support of something unusable?

I don't want to look like ungreatful person, Kodi looks better than any other similar software, it is free and it supports a lot of formats.

But it is unusable.
Could you define weak Library support, what's missing in your view?

We most certainly don't think Kodi is perfect, but the dev team are volunteers who use their spare time outside of work for free to spend on Kodi, and as such they are under no obligation to do anything that doesn't interest them, however that's not to say they don't work on things they have no personal interest in, as many of them do in order to provide better software. Most likely the things you think are missing either hold no interest for a dev, or hasn't been seen as important enough, that's assuming they things that have been raised, which of course they might not have been.
(2017-04-10, 00:01)garfield Wrote: Too complicated method of submitting bugs, especially when I'm not sure I'm going to use Kodi further due to its weak library support.

They must provide a simple feedback window instead of several pages instruction about how to submit a bug. I'm a regular user and find absolutely no fun in reading huge manuals just to do a simple thing.
1. Enable debug logging.
2. Run kodi, reproduce the problem.
3. Navigate to the log, open it in a text editor, copy the text and paste it to a paste site.
4. Post a link to log on paste site here.

That's what I do. There are probably easier, more automated ways, but it's not exactly hard and it doesn't take several pages to explain.
Maybe it's more difficult on a Mac.
Trogggy, I have provided the logs already, the way you are suggesting here. Just check the first page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No addons available/visible for Kodi running on a Mac computer0