OS X No addons available/visible for Kodi running on a Mac computer
I can only see one, and it's not a debug log.

The thing with logs - they're not magic, there's no guarantee, but there are things you can do to make it more likely someone can help you.
The main ones:
- make sure it's a debug log. Without debugging there's simply a lot less info in the log.
That means enable debug logging then restart kodi - so when you upload a log it's at debug level from the start.
- make sure you reproduce the problem. People complain that a movie's not picked up on a scan, then submit a log that doesn't show a scan running.
None of this is rocket science, but if you're unfamiliar with the process it's easy to miss things.
A debug log will be chock full of lines starting with 'debug' btw - look at your log and it's all 'notice' and the occasional 'error'.
The log I have provided earlier has been made strictly according to your instruction. We may discuss it endlessly, but nothing will change. Smile
(2017-04-10, 01:42)garfield Wrote: The log I have provided earlier has been made strictly according to your instruction. We may discuss it endlessly, but nothing will change. Smile
It hasn't.
And I'm not going to 'discuss it endlessly'. My systems are working just fine.
Oh, jjd-uk, I totally understand and agree with your position. I'm just trying to explain why I'm not ready to either use Kodi on a daily basis or invest (in terms of purchasing a Kodi enabled htpc or donating directly) into it.

To avoid any unneeded talks I should say I don't think it is a good idea to repeat in every thread what I believe is missing from Kodi. Cool

This list doesn't describe everything I miss in Kodi, but some important things are:

1. Picture library and RAW images formats support
Just because it is extremely unusable to browse ~10.000 images sorted alphabetically, using the remote control.
And it is stupid to have copies of raw images in jpeg format just to make it possible to view them with Kodi. If any free picture manager like IrfanView or FarStone can easily manage raws, then I can't get why Kodi is still unable to do that (I have just received the notification about your answer in this thread and read your answer).
Ok, there is add-on called MyPicsDB by Xycl. But it just proves that design and usability are not things that should be done by coders (while designers shouldn't code, of course).

2. Music sorting
Music library handling features can't divide one edition of the same release from another, at all. Due to that it also unable to properly deal with the rips of different CD-Singles variations - they all have the same Title and the same Artist and are handling by Kodi as the same album with all its "not a bug but feature" like stupid sorting of tracks and impossibility to recognize what release specific track belongs to. Just 01. Name, 01. Name ... 02. Name, 02. Name.
When I want to see a list of songs I have in my library, I have them sorted by track numbers and then by name, instead of by name/artist/album in any combination. You will disagree saying I can sort the list of songs the way I want using "View options -> Sort by" feature. But it is the question of usability: it is the worst ever decision to add artist directly to the song name when sorting by title, as every position should belong to a separate column to make it easy to understand the list. And so on.

3. Apple remote
While Kodi site states Kodi for Mac supports Apple Remote, I haven't found a way to scan folder to library using only the Apple remote. I'm not insisting there is no way to do so, but I can't find it. So it is either the lack of functionality or usability.
There are other issues with Apple remote with Kodi, but they are not related to the database handling.

(2017-04-10, 00:57)jjd-uk Wrote: the dev team are volunteers who use their spare time outside of work for free to spend on Kodi
If it really is like that than I have some bad news for you: Kodi has a bunch of sponsors and also asks for donations. Cool
(2017-04-10, 01:48)trogggy Wrote: It hasn't.
It has. I have followed the instruction step by step.

(2017-04-10, 01:48)trogggy Wrote: My systems are working just fine.
It is the last thing I expect to hear from the developer. But thanks god you are not one. Cool

My systems are also working fine if someone is willing to know. But they are all unfortunately not Kodi based.
(2017-04-10, 02:10)garfield Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 01:48)trogggy Wrote: It hasn't.
It has. I have followed the instruction step by step.
Sure you did.
Unfortunately kodi occasionally decides on its own initiative to provide a normal log rather than a debug log. It tends to do this when it perceives that the user is particularly gifted. The only solution is to:
1. Tap the top of the pc casing sharply with the palm of your hand while saying 'Bad kodi.'
2. Repeat the process for providing a debug log - exactly as before, obviously you did nothing wrong.

And finally I'd like to apologise for not being prepared to put the effort in, for someone who's clearly so willing to help themselves.
Sarcasm? Smile

I think current version of Kodi just lacks settings for add-ons default repositories, but adds them when general Add-ons menu item on the left is clicked. Nothing special. I see no other explanation.

I can't repeat the process right now as I should reinstall MacOS from the scratch to reproduce the issue. Or I need clear instructions what should I also delete along with the Kodi application folder to get rid of all Kodi traces on my Macs.
Oh man - you are a really nice person - you know what? I am even nicer and tell you that you need to delete the Kodi folder (or rename it) located under:
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/ to have a clean install (no need for whiping Mac OS - even if this would fit into the overall picture of kodi)

Next question is how to access this folder because you don't see it in finder. Unfortunately I on my phone and out of town ATM - so I can't tell from my mind.
But I am sure you will add this to your list of "why kodi developers think that kodi is perfect and why they make it obviously extra hard to do anything in kodi by intend"...

Edit: found it in another thread
Type into 'Go to Folder' ~/Library/Application Support/
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
What a nice trolling, man! Smile

The name of my list of "why kodi developers think that kodi is perfect and why they make it obviously extra hard to do anything in kodi by intend" is limited by "and" and simply called "why kodi developers think that kodi is perfect". It consists from only one position: because they are able to ignore users requests for ages (at least according to this forum's posts)! And nothing more.

I'll recreate the log as soon as I'm at my Mac.
You think i am trolling? Well actually i am currently about to reproduce that bug you posted here. But yeah just keep ranting and i might consider this unimportend to me ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2017-04-10, 14:30)Memphiz Wrote: You think i am trolling? Well actually i am currently about to reproduce that bug you posted here. But yeah just keep ranting and i might consider this unimportend to me ...

I'd better keep silence in this thread since now
Please look at this video and tell me what i did wrong for reproducing your issue:

https://youtu.be/hKl8zib1RfQ

If i did everything right then i indeed need a debug log (wiki) posted (with enabled debugging)
(2017-04-10, 15:07)Memphiz Wrote: Please look at this video and tell me what i did wrong for reproducing your issue:

You haven't installed MacOS on clean HDD.

I've removed Kodi folder from Application Support and found no issues when tried ti reproduce the bug myself that way.

I'm now reinstalling MacOS on empty HDD to reproduce the issue once again. While I'm in the process, please post here the complete step by step instruction on how to get the proper debug log, including all my activities.
While I'm waiting for the instructions and reinstalling MacOS to the cleaned once again HDD (after making the following movie), here is the screencapture that reproduces the issue:

http://www.sendfiles.net/?uid=9a3d-6df8be85
Password: Xf2PGgs7

Sorry for Movavi's red titles, I've used trial version.
So kodi is useless because apple made a useless remote your one in a billion hopefully.

Yeah Memphiz stop trying to help people in your own time for free you nasty peice of work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No addons available/visible for Kodi running on a Mac computer0