Android - Video playback randomly stops

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RomanIron Offline
Hi,
sorry or my bad english.
I'm using Kodi 17 on my Android TV Phillips. I play my movies over smb from my Synology NAS. When i start playback, it randomly stops - usually once per one movie, usually after 1 hour of playing.

EDIT:
My log:
https://pastebin.com/kpptRQRK
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-05 16:11 by RomanIron.)
find quote
JxPx Offline
Donor
Please reference the link in my sig for posting a log file and re-submit your log file.
find quote
RomanIron Offline
I'm sorry. Now it's ok?

https://pastebin.com/kpptRQRK
find quote
RomanIron Offline
Any ideas what could be wrong?
find quote
RomanIron Offline
Hi,
sorry or my bad english.
I'm using Kodi 17 on my Android TV Phillips. I play my movies over smb from my Synology NAS. When i start playback, it randomly stops - usually once per one movie, usually after 1 hour of playing.

My log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24893566/

Played file: Everest (2016).mkv
crashed at 22:00

Please, please help. I really dont know what to do.

Thanks!
find quote
Karellen Online
Super Moderator
Hello RomanIron,

I have merged your two threads. We do not allow duplicate posts. I have also moved it to the Android Forum. Hopefully you will receive a better response.

I have looked over your last log. Unfortunately you only Enabled Debug Log just before the log ends.

Submit another log. Enable Debugging in settings, then RESTART Kodi, then play the movie so it randomly stops. Then upload the log.

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

My Signature
Links to : Forum Rules | Banned Add-Ons | Debug Log | Free Movies/TV Shows |

find quote
RomanIron Offline
http://paste.ubuntu.com/24956451/

Playback stopped at 00:13.

Is this log OK?

Thanks you very much!!!!
find quote
willsy555 Offline
I have exactly the same thing happen occasionally playing from a Synology NAS over both NFS or SMB, so it would be interesting to see what is causing this! Cheers. Will.

Sent from my XT1068 (typie typie)
find quote
Karellen Online
Super Moderator
@RomanIron,

No, the log is incorrect.

You are find the log and uploading the log ok. It's just that you are not enabling Logging from within kodi.

Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and then Enable logging. Then restart Kodi. Once it is restarted, play the movie until it stops.

Be aware that the Logs are only "Session Logs" The logs are written from Kodi startup to Kodi shutdown (or crash). The next time you start Kodi, the kodi.log is cleared, and you start again. A new Kodi.log is created. The kodi.log that was there is renamed to kodi.old.log and the existing kodi.old.log is deleted. In effect you only ever have two logs available- the current one, and the previous one.

You need to run the debugging mode again and replicate the crash, and upload the log using one of these two methods...
1. If you are going to restart Kodi to use the uploader app, you need to upload kodi.old.log
2. Before restarting, you can manually copy and paste the contents of the kodi.log to a pastebin site

Try again Smile

My Signature
Links to : Forum Rules | Banned Add-Ons | Debug Log | Free Movies/TV Shows |

find quote