Android Video playback randomly stops
Would it also help to film the screen?
No as we would only see that playback stops.
The reason why playback stops is in the Debug log (wiki).
Well, it doesnt really "stop", as in i press the stop button. it freezes. and i am not able to go back into the main menu. to stop kodi and start it again i have to use the taskmanager. in a video you could see the cpu and memory usage at that moment.
(2017-10-27, 11:26)rollin Wrote: Well, it doesnt really "stop", as in i press the stop button. it freezes. and i am not able to go back into the main menu. to stop kodi and start it again i have to use the taskmanager. in a video you could see the cpu and memory usage at that moment.

Post your Debug Log - come on, you are wasting everybody's time that wants to help you on the issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/25844967/
Well, any clue?
A lot of timeouts waiting for buffer.
Data seems to be slow in delivering. Could be network related. Can you try playing the (same) fom a local source? (Int mem or usb) and see if the issue persists
I will do that when i come back from my vacation. When its network related, should it show the buffering icon?
(2017-11-02, 12:41)rollin Wrote: I will do that when i come back from my vacation. When its network related, should it show the buffering icon?

Don't know what icon you are referring to, but if the datastream is interrupted Kodi will have similar behaviour as you describe.
Well early days of testing but I think I've fixed it!

Very frustrated as it would stop randomly a few times per movie sometimes. Replaced network switches etc.
I happened to playing with the picture settings on my TV and press back/ exit on the remote and I got the same affect, I E the film would quit and I was back to the video wall.
This got me thinking, If it was a network issue surely the picture would freeze? 
So I started looking elsewhere for a solution. With the TV remote though random it would do the same thing so could it be a random signal down the HDMI lead causing it to quit. 
Bought one of these and so far ( said in hushed tone) not had an issue. Worth a try for the outlay
(2017-12-30, 11:39)obwiz Wrote: Well early days of testing but I think I've fixed it!

Very frustrated as it would stop randomly a few times per movie sometimes. Replaced network switches etc.
I happened to playing with the picture settings on my TV and press back/ exit on the remote and I got the same affect, I E the film would quit and I was back to the video wall.
This got me thinking, If it was a network issue surely the picture would freeze? 
So I started looking elsewhere for a solution. With the TV remote though random it would do the same thing so could it be a random signal down the HDMI lead causing it to quit. 
Bought one of these and so far ( said in hushed tone) not had an issue. Worth a try for the outlay
 So this was the solution for you?

I have the same problem, I've tried to disconnect all hdmi cables but the problem persist. Any other Ideas?
(2017-12-30, 11:39)obwiz Wrote: Well early days of testing but I think I've fixed it!

I've started to get the same issue. If what you have bought has sorted the problem then surely turn off the cec settings on the shield to test if that's the issue.

I get the the same problem straight from am external USB 3 hard drive.
For me it was a Network switch that did make problems. After buying a new one, it works. The old switch worked fine for everything else but caused Kodi to freeze the movie.
So far all good!
(2018-01-18, 21:42)halcyondays Wrote:

I've started to get the same issue. If what you have bought has sorted the problem then surely turn off the cec settings on the shield to test if that's the issue.

I get the the same problem straight from am external USB 3 hard drive. 
 Fair point. Its all working so far so will refrain from more tweaking!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback randomly stops0