Splash Screen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
allypad Offline
I was wondering if you can still customize the splash screen in Kodi 17? I have tried to figure it out, but I am missing something. I like to put a pretty flower picture up there when Kodi loads Smile
find quote
Gracus Offline
Moanbag
Should be possible as it still works for me on kodi 18

Just replace the splash.png file in kodi installation folder with your own one and you should be good

Moanbag is in da place!
find quote
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
This forum is primarily concerning discussions around Kodi, Moving to "Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs"

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
find quote
allypad Offline
(2017-04-05 15:38)Gracus Wrote:  Should be possible as it still works for me on kodi 18

Just replace the splash.png file in kodi installation folder with your own one and you should be good

Thanks for trying to help. I know a bit about what I'm doing, but not a lot. I'm trying to find the location of that file and I can't seem to find it. Would you mind helping me with simple instructions to locate it?

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and I know this is probably super simple...I'm just being thick at the moment - lol.

Ally
find quote
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Might be here if you're using a windows 7 o/s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\media\Splash.png" otherwise point at the install folder and look inside the media folder.

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-06 01:00 by PatK.)
find quote
allypad Offline
(2017-04-06 01:00)PatK Wrote:  Might be here if you're using a windows 7 o/s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\media\Splash.png" otherwise point at the install folder and look inside the media folder.

I'm actually on an android system HuhHuh This is driving me buggy - only because before version 17, I could do it and now, I can't locate it and its driving me crazy - LOL. It isn't that major of a deal, its just that if I can't figure something out, it drives me crazy....
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
It is in Media folder, definitely. try /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Media and file is Splash.png
(This post was last modified: 2017-04-06 23:23 by DaLanik.)
find quote