Splash Screen
I was wondering if you can still customize the splash screen in Kodi 17? I have tried to figure it out, but I am missing something. I like to put a pretty flower picture up there when Kodi loads Smile
Should be possible as it still works for me on kodi 18

Just replace the splash.png file in kodi installation folder with your own one and you should be good
Moanbag is in da place!
This forum is primarily concerning discussions around Kodi, Moving to "Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs"
(2017-04-05, 15:38)Gracus Wrote: Should be possible as it still works for me on kodi 18

Just replace the splash.png file in kodi installation folder with your own one and you should be good

Thanks for trying to help. I know a bit about what I'm doing, but not a lot. I'm trying to find the location of that file and I can't seem to find it. Would you mind helping me with simple instructions to locate it?

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your time and I know this is probably super simple...I'm just being thick at the moment - lol.

Ally
Might be here if you're using a windows 7 o/s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\media\Splash.png" otherwise point at the install folder and look inside the media folder.
(2017-04-06, 01:00)PatK Wrote: Might be here if you're using a windows 7 o/s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\media\Splash.png" otherwise point at the install folder and look inside the media folder.

I'm actually on an android system HuhHuh This is driving me buggy - only because before version 17, I could do it and now, I can't locate it and its driving me crazy - LOL. It isn't that major of a deal, its just that if I can't figure something out, it drives me crazy....
It is in Media folder, definitely. try /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Media and file is Splash.png
I know this is old, but for anyone looking to change the splash screen on the Windows Store version (18) just add a splash.png to the folder

'%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\media'
Hi. Do not like start screen Leya. How i can change it in RPI3? Thanks
Tongue 
(2019-05-05, 09:11)lyutikov Wrote: Hi. Do not like start screen Leya. How i can change it in RPI3? Thanks

Agree. Is ugly.
Hello all

I have Kodi 18 on a Raspberry pi.

My .kodi/media folder is empty. If I place a Splash.png file in the folder. The kodi bootup screen stays as it was before.

Who could help me to find where I am going wrong?

Thank you...

moses
(2021-07-26, 01:36)moserroger Wrote: Hello all

I have Kodi 18 on a Raspberry pi.

My .kodi/media folder is empty. If I place a Splash.png file in the folder. The kodi bootup screen stays as it was before.

Who could help me to find where I am going wrong?

Thank you...

moses

Weird. Something Pi related maybe?

I just did the same thing on mine, and yes the media folder is empty, tested it and it works fine. Maybe try a different png file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Splash Screen3