Mark as watched/unwatched on folders
Is the fix confirmed working from different users?

I tried multiple scenarios with Krypton and Leia, but there is no "mark as un/watched" showing for any for my tv-shows "season X" sub-folders in non-library file-mode for me. It looks just as before as far as i can tell. (a typical "Season 1" subfolder show "Play/Queue Item/Add to favorites/Set content" as context menu. Nothing more.

I used:
KodiSetup-20170730-900ad00cbc-Krypton-x86.exe
KodiSetup-20170801-d0e3f71-master-x86.exe
And LibreELEC with latest krypton git e0175e9

Hmmm. Am i missing something?

Thanks!
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2017-08-03, 02:13)axbmcuser Wrote: Is the fix confirmed working from different users?

I tried multiple scenarios with Krypton and Leia, but there is no "mark as un/watched" showing for any for my tv-shows "season X" sub-folders in non-library file-mode for me. It looks just as before as far as i can tell. (a typical "Season 1" subfolder show "Play/Queue Item/Add to favorites/Set content" as context menu. Nothing more.

I used:
KodiSetup-20170730-900ad00cbc-Krypton-x86.exe
KodiSetup-20170801-d0e3f71-master-x86.exe
And LibreELEC with latest krypton git e0175e9

Hmmm. Am i missing something?

Thanks!

This seems to be a can of worms.

Actually I did not fix anything with tv-shows "season X" sub-folders in non-library file-mode because nobody reported this broken so far. The fix was solely for non-library video top level folders, not for any subfolders.

I'm not using non library mode at all, so I'm not an expert here, just trying to help with my coding skills. If nobody tells me what is broken, I will never notice and can't do anything about it. ;-)

I cannot promise anything, but could take a look iIn the next days.
I need step by step instructions to reproduce. I just tried and the non-library file-mode video subfolders I'm looking at having the context menu items in question.
Just a quick additional info since i'm on the road now:
A folder named "Season X" was just an example. It had nothing to do with tv shows in particular (since we're talking about non-library mode).

In the end my observation was that i stumbled upon this PR by accident and noticed that there are no new entries while browsing and opening context menus in file-mode.
Not for top-level folders and also not for any sub folders. So, to me, it seems that i have _not_ any "mask as watched" item showing more than before. This is what makes me wonder.
I guessed i may have complete gotten the purpose of this PR wrong, thats why i asked. :-D

What i tested (just made a quick check with a KodiSetup-20170801-d0e3f71-master-x86.exe test install):
Test 1
- Main menu select "VIDEOS"
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TV_SHOWS" (which contains multiple sub-folders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS". No entries "mark as" shown
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS\TvShowName". No entries "mark as" shown
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS\TvShowName\SeasonX". No entries "mark as" shown

Test 2
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TvShowSeason1" (which contains video files, no subfolders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TvShowSeason1". No entries "mark as" shown

Test 3
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TvShowName" (which contains multiple season sub-folders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TvShowName\SeasonX". No entries "mark as" shown
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2017-08-03, 11:11)axbmcuser Wrote: Just a quick additional info since i'm on the road now:
A folder named "Season X" was just an example. It had nothing to do with tv shows in particular (since we're talking about non-library mode).

In the end my observation was that i stumbled upon this PR by accident and noticed that there are no new entries while browsing and opening context menus in file-mode.
Not for top-level folders and also not for any sub folders. So, to me, it seems that i have _not_ any "mask as watched" item showing more than before. This is what makes me wonder.
I guessed i may have complete gotten the purpose of this PR wrong, thats why i asked. :-D

What i tested (just made a quick check with a KodiSetup-20170801-d0e3f71-master-x86.exe test install):
Test 1
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TV_SHOWS" (which contains multiple sub-folders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS". No entries "mark as" shown
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS\TvShowName". No entries "mark as" shown
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TV_SHOWS\TvShowName\SeasonX". No entries "mark as" shown

Test 2
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TvShowSeason1" (which contains video files, no subfolders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TvShowSeason1". No entries "mark as" shown

Test 3
- Select "Files"
- Select "Add videos" and add/choose a HDD folder named "TvShowName" (which contains multiple season sub-folders). content-type=None
- Tested context menu on newly added folder "TvShowName\SeasonX". No entries "mark as" shown

Are you sure that these use cases ever worked, especially before Krypton?

I'm not sure it can actually work as you say the sources you add have content type = none.

What happens if you set a content type other than none?

This thread deals with a regression introduced for Krypton and my fix is trying to address this regression, not to add new functionality.
Being unable to test more at this second - i can say, that with versions before Krypton i often marked many complete TV-show season folders as watched in file-mode.

I've never ever watched tv-shows in library mode, so this was my pretty much my typical every day use case at that time. tv shows, non-library-mode (simply 1 added "TV_SHOWS" folder smb or local which contained everything in subfolders)

Nearing Krypton i read that this "mark-as-watched" "function" for non-library folders will be removed beginning with Krypton, which sounded very much by intent. Felt kind of wrong losing this useful function, but got used to it being missing. (i now leave such folders as unwatched to avoid marking all files 1by1 which is kinda crazy if you have many files) :- D

As far as i know "content-type=None" equals using folders/files in non-library-mode. No matter if you browse add and browse a local HDD folder or you add a SMB shared folder. All people i know which use file-mode (mostly only for tv shows) never set a content type. Setting a content type without really scraping and therefore adding everything to library does not fix the missing function and is for library mode only to my best of knowledge.
Again, I repeat: the db scheme was changed precisely to accomodate this. Info is in *files* table and thus is separate feom *content* tables. This used to be avail on absolute all folders including whole sources.
(2017-08-04, 16:38)ironic_monkey Wrote: Again, I repeat: the db scheme was changed precisely to accomodate this. Info is in *files* table and thus is separate feom *content* tables. This used to be avail on absolute all folders including whole sources.

Sorry guys. I'm out of this. I tried my best to fix it, although I did not even break it. I think it's time for the guy to jump in here, who broke it. Git blame will tell who this is
It never existed its a library function
again, NO. it is NOT. i specifically redesigned the database to make it based on FILES not CONTENT. it is a REGRESSION introduced by somebody who won't acknowledge nor take responsibility for their doings.
Ah i see just seems like a useless option when kodi is designed around having a movie/music/tv/picture database not running in file mode.

It would seem youd loose out in all the scraper goodness like covers etc.
Just asking - if there are no user confirmations on the attempted fix, wouldn't it be better to revert the fix attempt?
In my private builds i revert the changes just to be safe. Can't say i had any problems/crashes with or without it though. As described detailed - in my tests i could not see a any kind of functional change with or without the patches.

Still, many thanks for trying!
there is absolutely no potential for this to create issues, it's just missing on some folders.
Thanks for the info.
Hi,

I posted on this thread :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...hed+folder

ironic_monkey pointed to that : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12057

and there is that : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12464

I really don't know what to do with that code... what file do I have to change, where?...
This "marked as" option for folder is really important as other users stated.

I am with v17.4 on PI2

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as watched/unwatched on folders0