Mark as watched/unwatched on folders
As far as I can see, it is already fixed in Kodi 18 nightlys, which means you have to update your PI2 to a nightly build (which is unstable in some cases) or have to wait for an official release.
thanks sw4y, but is there any way to do it without installing a nightly and just copying a file or some code which fixes it?
I don't think so, sry.
nope, that's not possible. you need to compile Kodi after those changes. You can try compiling from source. But if you don't want to go that way, either install a nightly or wait until Kodi 18 gets stable.

The fix should already be merged in the current nightlies.
ok, thanks
(2017-09-15, 12:51)sw4y Wrote: As far as I can see, it is already fixed in Kodi 18 nightlys, which means you have to update your PI2 to a nightly build (which is unstable in some cases) or have to wait for an official release.

Hi! I would like to ask, where you have seen this. It has not been fixed yet in the nightlys. Pressing "w" on a folder has no effect too, btw (it's not only a context entry that's missing).

I really miss this feature and hope someone will fix it :-)

Edit: This thread should be moved to OS independent
(2017-12-19, 05:12)Nostalgist Wrote:
(2017-09-15, 12:51)sw4y Wrote:  
(2017-09-15, 12:51)sw4y Wrote: As far as I can see, it is already fixed in Kodi 18 nightlys, which means you have to update your PI2 to a nightly build (which is unstable in some cases) or have to wait for an official release.

Hi! I would like to ask, where you have seen this. It has not been fixed yet in the nightlys. Pressing "w" on a folder has no effect too, btw (it's not only a context entry that's missing).

I really miss this feature and hope someone will fix it :-)

Edit: This thread should be moved to OS independent 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2647094
Thanks. I replied on the GitHub issue, but I guess since it's closed, no one will look at it. Could someone create a new issue?
Sorry, don't know where my mind was during my last post.
I replied on the PR by ksooo

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12464#...-355204419

I'd like to send him a message, but he disabled this function. How can we proceed with this problem? I'm not in a hurry, but would be happy if one of the coders could look at it.
Thanks!
Sorry to reanimate an old thread but it seems pretty pertinent to my situation - having read all the posts, I am not sure I fully understand the position.

Ultimately, I only watch TV Shows via File Mode - long story, but library mode does not work for me.

Is there no way that I can somehow hack Kodi so that if all the shows in parent folder are "ticked", the parent folder itself shows a tick?
@Nostalgist 
@elsmandino 

Could you both please provide a Debug Log? Thanks.

Regarding:
(2018-01-11, 04:37)Nostalgist Wrote: Thanks. I replied on the GitHub issue, but I guess since it's closed, no one will look at it. Could someone create a new issue?

If you got it managed to reply to a currently issue, what stops you creating a new one? Do you expect someone is doing that for you even if he can´t reproduce your issue?

Open a new one, follow the issue template, provide debuglogs etc...otherwise it´s hard to help you
My apologies - my post, on re-reading it, is actually quite misleading.

When I said that library mode does not work, I should have said that it does not work well with my situation - functionally, it is absolutely fine.

Here is the issue -

I don't have many DVD rips in my collection.  Nearly everything I have is recorded from Freesat, via TVHeadend.

Whilst TVHeadend has its own recording folder, many of the recordings that I have made over the years are not in it (due to reinstalls).

The obvious choice would have been just to set TVHeadend to record in a format that Kodi can scrape from, set the TV shows library folder to this location and then only watch from the TV Shows library.

However, I have noticed that this does not, in practice, work.  

About a quarter of the TV Shows never get scraped at all (as confirmed by Missing Movie Scanner) and another load are incorrectly scraped - e.g. recent programs with the same name as older shows.

I decided to, instead, use video mode instead of library mode - this worked absolutely perfectly.  I saw absolutely everything that was recorded.

There is only one issue.  When I watch all the videos contained within the parent folder, the files themselves are ticked once watched.

However, once all the files within a folder are ticked, the folder itself is not ticked to show that everything has been watched.

It therefore makes it impossible to know when a new unwatched show has been added.
@elsmandino 

which part of:
(2019-01-18, 12:45)DaVu Wrote: Could you both please provide a Debug Log? Thanks.

was unclear now? Wink

Please, and I won´t ask for that once more, add a Debug Log. We can´t do anything without it. The next post is an automated message which will guide you through the "How to get a Debug Log"-process by following the links provided.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2019-01-18, 12:45)DaVu Wrote: @Nostalgist 
@elsmandino 

Could you both please provide a Debug Log? Thanks.

[...]
 If you got it managed to reply to a currently issue, what stops you creating a new one? Do you expect someone is doing that for you even if he can´t reproduce your issue?

Open a new one, follow the issue template, provide debuglogs etc...otherwise it´s hard to help you 
Well, that's exactly what I did about a year ago:

https://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17744

Seems like not a lot of people are actually interested in this feature...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as watched/unwatched on folders0