Default skin based settings option
Hi,

I am thinking about an addon writing, and I want to create a settings option, where the user Can force the addon's looking for example to Thumbnail view.

Well, I have done this for Confluence at the past, but as I have realised, the Estuary has absolutely similar view ids...

So is there a way to create a settings option (a type select) which is only active when the default skin is Estuary for example?

I hope, everything was clear, because my English is not top notch...

Many thanks!
I investigated a lot, and I Couldn't find any informations about that, So I am trying to solve that with another way, which is a used skin selector menu. And I want to create a not enabled second option, which is only active, when the user selects the Estuary skin as the first setting. But it not works... Sad
Code:
<setting label="30034" type="addon" id="sskin" default="" addontype="xbmc.gui.skin" multiselect="false"/>
        <setting label="30035" type="enum" id="mainview" values="33036|33037|33038|33039" enable="eq(-1,skin.estuary)" default="0"/>

What's wrong?

Thanks a lot!
if you want to setup the default skin then your not dealing with the appdata ( if your using windows). you need to find the system install files .
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\settings\settings.xml

<default>skin.confluence</default>

change the id to the skin that you want
(2017-04-17, 14:42)Demonstratorz Wrote: if you want to setup the default skin then your not dealing with the appdata ( if your using windows). you need to find the system install files .
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\settings\settings.xml

<default>skin.confluence</default>

change the id to the skin that you want
Hi,

Thanks for Your reply!

I am using Linux (Debian like), and I wanted to create two settings option for my addon. With the first option, the user Can select his used skin, and the next option will be only available, if he clicks on the Estuary skin for example.

Why I need this? Because all skins has completely different view mode numbers...
Why do you want this though?
Because I want to set the view mode everywhere in my addon.
You could just set the view manually
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(id)')
Okay, I know that, but the view numbers and titles are different in each skins... So I want to make a Settings option, where the user Can select his/her active skin, and the next option will be the view modes for that. Theese view modes will be included in the settings file, for the most popular skins, but I only want to unhide the option, if it is the selected skin's view mode list.
(2017-04-08, 16:04)MrDini Wrote: What's wrong? 
Have you actually tried this in kodi? Because when I did, I could instantly see what was wrong with it Smile

Even though the addon-type setting is stored in settings.xml as an addon_id, the value displayed in kodi is the addon_name. So simply substituting the addon_name with addon_id for the eq-comparator automagically makes it work as you intended.
Code:
<setting label="30034" type="addon" id="sskin" default="" addontype="xbmc.gui.skin" multiselect="false"/>
<setting label="30035" type="enum" id="mainview" values="33036|33037|33038|33039" enable="eq(-1,Estuary)" default="0"/>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default skin based settings option0