A Bug?
Reporting what seems to be a bug. The TVDB has been offline a lot lately. When Kodi scrapes for TV show information against TVDB, Kodi will report no connection can be made and then closes itself. Kodi does not need to shutdown just because it cant establish a connection with a remote host. Really just an inconvenience but thought maybe someone would want to know.
Can you reproduce it?
If yes post a Debug log (wiki) after Kodi closed itself.
Indeed - I've seen a few timeouts recently, while thetvdb is down, but Kodi hasn't closed.

The debug log will tell us a lot more about platform, hardware, OS, any related errors, etc.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
This seems to be a support question not a generalized Kodi issue, and you haven't mentioned what operating system you are using and have not posted a proper debug log. I find it difficult to slot this post into a proper support forum. I can tell you that I've never experienced Kodi shutdown because of a failure to access a scraper, or the scraper to fail.

Moving to Metadata scrapers

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Bug?0