Force kodi update of album coverart after updating embedded coverart
The Problem: Kodi isn't updating my album coverart.

I'm a new user, and new to the forum, so please bear with me, and provide gentle reminders on forum etiquette.

Details:

Using v16.1 package from Debian (on Kubuntu 16.10). My music collection is all flac files (~6200 files), stored in [artist]/[album]/[*.flac, "Artist - Album - Cover.jpg"], all served over SMB from a Kubuntu 16.10 server. The cover art is embedded in each flac file. Over the past few days, I used picard to add musicbrainz tags to the entire collection, and added album-based ReplayGain tags as well. I also improved some cover art, and consequently removed then re-embedded all the cover art.

I have verified the embedded cover art is present via metaflac, as well as loaded random files in VLC to ensure the new embedded coverart is displayed. So the files are sound, no pun intended. :-)

I updated. then cleaned, (repeatedly!) my library in Kodi. The new MB tags *really* helped with artist thumbs and fanart. However, kodi is still using the old version of the album coverart (the previous version of the embedded art, before I updated it), rather than using the new embedded artwork. I've also repeatedly restarted Kodi, with no effect.

It is important that it use *my* coverart rather than downloaded coverart, as mine is 100% correct and uniform.

So how can I tell Kodi (besides screaming at the TV!) that it needs to re-scan the embedded coverart?

Thanks!

Edit (20170406 0130 UTC-6): I decided to upgrade to 17.x from Kodi's Ubuntu PPA, which borked my install, requiring a purge/reinstall and deletion of ~/.kodi. So it will be a while before I have all my collections re-scanned and am able to test if this issue is still present. I'll update again at that time.

Messages In This Thread
Force kodi update of album coverart after updating embedded coverart - by marktaff - 2017-04-06, 06:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force kodi update of album coverart after updating embedded coverart0