rescan library without refresh
It may seem like an odd question, but a solution would be a big help.

Kodi is running on several machines here, but mainly on one windows computer and a raspberry pi. The library is on an old, slow, but reliable NAS, managing is done through a mysql database which serves for all kodi clients and it's working great.
However: the music library is quite large, which isn't a problem. But if I add just one or two albums, I have to rescan the whole library. Normally this is done in the background without any hazzle and it doesn't bother me if it takes some time, but the known files are just recognized but kodi is doing nothing with it. But there is a problem with this specific NAS. As soon as daylight saving time begins or ends, it seems the files changed the last modified time. Therefore kodi is rescanning the files - ALL the files, not only the new ones. So this takes massive time, much more than bearable.

So, can I tell kodi to ignore all existing files (files that are already in the library) regardless any new time stamps? If I changed files and want a complete rescan, I would switch it off again. But I would really like to only collect new data into the library.

Version is currently 16.1, if this do matter.

Thx!
Moved to Music Support as a music library issue.

The library update process checks a hash value of file timestamp and size for every music source, folders and files, compared to what it stored when the embedded tags were scanned and the music added to the library. If this is different then it rescans the tags in case they have changed.

Quote:So, can I tell kodi to ignore all existing files (files that are already in the library) regardless any new time stamps? If I changed files and want a complete rescan, I would switch it off again. But I would really like to only collect new data into the library.
Sorry there is no way to do this.

You can cancel during scanning, and turn off "scan library on startup". You could then add any new music as a new music source and just scan that. However the folder structure to do that could mean music for an artist in separate folders. This is fine for the library, Kodi does not depend on folder names or hierarchy to build the library. But local artwork and NFO files do try to find a unique path for an artist to use, that will get odd results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rescan library without refresh0