MINIX U9-H vs H96 Pro Android TV Box
I'm tossing up between getting the MINIX U9-H or the H96 Pro Android TV Box.
Not sure which one I should get...
Not concerned about the price, just everything else!

Thanks guys Smile
Depending on what you want to use it for. The Minix U9-H, I feel is priced at a point where I wouldn't purchase one. The H-96 probably wouldn't get much long term support.

If price is no concern there is no hesitation. Go with Nvidia Shield. To me its no if, and or buts. Its hands down the best on the market and has a large Community and excellent Nvidia support. Second is the Mi Box for Streaming and playing videos only.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Ahh yeah, I've been considering the shield also, seems like a solid unit..

At the moment I have a wechip v5 with the amlogic s905 chip in it, and I have this strange problem where if I'm watching a movie for a while, or the box is on for a while, videos will be out of sync, and to get it back to normal I have to disconnect and reconnect the hdmi cable or turn on and off the tv. It's so annoying, have no clue what it could be.
You already have very capable Hardware in an AMLogic S905 all you need is proper Firmware and a really good version of Kodi Krypton.

Simply buy a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class 10 microSDHC card and follow the instructions to flash LibreELEC Kodi on to it in this thread:

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2156.html

You won't look back. It will fix any Kodi issues you currently have. In fact it will be better than any Android Kodi version you will find on any Android Hardware. You likely won't even want to go back to Android for Kodi use.

And.. you can still retain Android for Apps that are already stored in internal memory. Its not overwritten.

BTW: All AMLogic S912 devices inc. the H96 Pro - Android TV Box actually are on the Do not buy list for Kodi compatible devices.
I bet its running buggy AMLogic test Firmware.
There are so many warnings and unhappy Kodi owners - simply do not go there. Waste of money. Dirt cheap S912 devices are the worst Kodi Box's on the market.

Don't get Hoodwinked and deceived by flashy Tech Specs - especially with cheap Android devices from China

You need to read this thread:

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated April 2017)

Thanks so much for the info! I will look into it all..
(2017-04-06, 16:13)Sambo123 Wrote: At the moment I have a wechip v5 with the amlogic s905 chip in it, and I have this strange problem where if I'm watching a movie for a while, or the box is on for a while, videos will be out of sync, and to get it back to normal I have to disconnect and reconnect the hdmi cable or turn on and off the tv. It's so annoying, have no clue what it could be.

Did you solved the problem with your Wechip V5 box in the meantime?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINIX U9-H vs H96 Pro Android TV Box0