Info View For Artists
More detailed information while browsing through the artists list when in music library and music video library similar to the tv shows section. When highlighting an artist name maybe on the left or right can have information like how many albums, how many songs, and how many music videos you have for that artist, then under that a little biography along with an icon of that artist that can be scraped from allmusic.com, but i personally use wide icons that you can get from vh1.com which looks good on a tv show view but while browsing artists in th3e library. Is this something that can be done with xmls or is it hardcoded?
There's a branch in SVN with just such a feature developed by a good friend of ours.

It needs polishing, and I have volunteered to do so but unfortunately have not had much time lately.

One day I will get on to it if noone else beats me to it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sounds excellent! I was thinking about this the other day myself
Thanx Man!!
just hoping this feature wont be forgotten
Monitor the branch yourself. I find it extremely unlikely that you'll get any updates on the forums until it's finished.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Monitor the branch yourself. I find it extremely unlikely that you'll get any updates on the forums until it's finished.

Smile
After some months i got to update xbmc, and want to thank jmarshall for the artist info views.
Nothing to do with me - it was spiff's work.

oh ok, thank the both of you guys then

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Info View For Artists1