Beta Skin Tightener - sets all skin animation times to zero
script.skin.tightener

Skin Tightener

Here is a little script to copy a Skin and set all animation times to zero.
Code:
time="0"
<scrolltime>0</scrolltime>
<fadetime>0</fadtime>

It should be useful for lower end hardware or if you just don't like to wait for menus to dawdle. Nod Sleepy

Quickstart:
It is quite raw at the moment.
Select the top level of the skin folder.
Optionally choose to rename the destination folder and skin name.
If Kodi\Services\Control is turned on you should be able to just choose the new skin, otherwise:
  Restart Kodi, enable the skin in My Addons and Select the skin.

Install Repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

Source: https://github.com/primaeval/script.skin.tightener
(2017-04-07, 13:47)primaeval Wrote: Restart Kodi and Select the skin.
You may need to enable the skin in My Addons.
WhatHuh You don't like hacks?? [emoji1]
(2017-04-07, 13:47)primaeval Wrote: Restart Kodi and Select the skin.
You may need to enable the skin in My Addons.
WhatHuh You don't like hacks?? [emoji1]
Just tried this out on a couple of skins. Who needs animations! Highly recommend for any skin on the rpi.

Works great!
Really nice idea, love it!
Skin Tightener is a great idea. I tried it with the Mimic skin. The skin loaded faster, but most of the menu items disappeared. The images do not load on the home screen unless I click on the menu first. Also, the default color changes from red to blue. I can change the colors back. I just don't why the skin settings would change. Anything to make the KODI UI run faster on Android is welcome.
(2017-12-04, 06:32)mrhealthpatriot Wrote: Skin Tightener is a great idea. I tried it with the Mimic skin. The skin loaded faster, but most of the menu items disappeared. The images do not load on the home screen unless I click on the menu first. Also, the default color changes from red to blue. I can change the colors back. I just don't why the skin settings would change. Anything to make the KODI UI run faster on Android is welcome.
 It works ok for me on Kodi 17.6 Windows 64 with the Mimic skin.

What are you using?
(2017-12-04, 10:23)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-12-04, 06:32)mrhealthpatriot Wrote: Skin Tightener is a great idea. I tried it with the Mimic skin. The skin loaded faster, but most of the menu items disappeared. The images do not load on the home screen unless I click on the menu first. Also, the default color changes from red to blue. I can change the colors back. I just don't why the skin settings would change. Anything to make the KODI UI run faster on Android is welcome.

What are you using?
Currently using Kodi 17.6 on Android 7.1 and Kodi 17.3 on Debian Linux. I will try it on Windows 7 x64.
(2017-12-04, 10:23)primaeval Wrote:

What are you using?

It works. To restore the original colors and menu, I changed the skin colors back to the defaults in Mimic and re-added the menu widgets. Now it works very well. Thank you. 
Tested on -
Android (Odroid XU4) : Kodi 17.6
Windows 7 (borrowed a laptop): Kodi 17.6
MX Linux 16.1 (Debian GNU Linux 8 "jessie") : Kodi 17.3
(2017-12-05, 16:46)mrhealthpatriot Wrote: Tested on -
Android (Odroid XU4) : Kodi 17.6
Windows 7 (borrowed a laptop): Kodi 17.6
MX Linux 16.1 (Debian GNU Linux 8 "jessie") : Kodi 17.3
What do you think the problem was?
Not sure about why the change caused Simple Favorites and other widgets to drop off the menu. Possibly, if Simple Favorites and the widgets are linked to a very specific time delay,such as loading in 1-2 seconds after the menu starts, then they might fail if the initial reference point changes. But that is purely a guess. I also have no idea why the default color theme would change to one based on blue.
By the way, do you know which file has the Spinner code? I would like to play with the settings, if possible. Some people seem to like having the spinner animation.
(2017-12-12, 16:11)mrhealthpatriot Wrote: Not sure about why the change caused Simple Favorites and other widgets to drop off the menu. Possibly, if Simple Favorites and the widgets are linked to a very specific time delay,such as loading in 1-2 seconds after the menu starts, then they might fail if the initial reference point changes. But that is purely a guess. I also have no idea why the default color theme would change to one based on blue.
By the way, do you know which file has the Spinner code? I would like to play with the settings, if possible. Some people seem to like having the spinner animation.
 I don't know where the Spinner is. You'll have to do a search in the files for a spin control. I think the place to start for skinning is probably here http://kodi.wiki/view/Skinning_Manual
I used this and it copied the skin as it was supposed to, however the "Fast" version doesn't appear in the skin menu (yes I restarted Kodi)
I double checked my addons folder to make sure both skins were there and that in the addon.xml they were named differently..they are..but the new on is not showing up.

Any ideas?
(2018-01-16, 19:53)NewYears1978 Wrote: I used this and it copied the skin as it was supposed to, however the "Fast" version doesn't appear in the skin menu (yes I restarted Kodi)
I double checked my addons folder to make sure both skins were there and that in the addon.xml they were named differently..they are..but the new on is not showing up.

Any ideas?
 You have to enable it in Krypton+. Go into My Addons inside Kodi. You could probably search for "fast" too.
It probably could be automated but I couldn't work out an easy way to do it. Maybe make a zip of the folder and install that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Tightener - sets all skin animation times to zero1