Which Kodi version for MacMini 10.6.8?
(2017-04-15, 10:19)Memphiz Wrote: What has this to do with the thread topic? Stop hijacking the thread please.

I'm sorry, nobody's hijacking any threads. My question relates to the topic regarding which version of Kodi is suitable for my mac mini as mentioned by the original person posting.
his mac isnt from 2009 if it were it would have an i3 or > CPU
I have the same problem except mine is with an old MacBook (white plastic 1,1 model 2ghz intel core duo). I updated the MacBook to OSX 10.6.8 (I don't think it can go beyond that).

I tried installing the current build of Kodi, it allowed me to download the installer but the icon had a circle with a line through it. it wouldn't let me even try to install it.

After some research, pretty sure it was this exact thread, I decided to give kodi 14.1 a shot. I downloaded the installer and the installer had a circle with a line through it, but this time it still installed Kodi... even though it is installed, when I go to open it, i get an error message on my finder saying "You can't open the application 'Kodi' because it's not supported on this type of Mac."

Not even sure if this old laptop will be able to handle HD movies...especially since to hook it up to the tv i'll need at least 1 adapter for Mini DVI --> HDMI....
(2017-06-17, 01:11)Whitey9457 Wrote: I have the same problem except mine is with an old MacBook (white plastic 1,1 model 2ghz intel core duo). I updated the MacBook to OSX 10.6.8 (I don't think it can go beyond that).

I think you might be able to run Lion on that system, and that will support Isengard.

I'm not a Mac guru though. Wink

Quote:To use Lion, make sure your computer has the following:

An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later to install via the Mac App Store (v10.6.8 recommended)
7 GB of available disk space.
2 GB of RAM.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Redbox | NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
(2017-06-17, 01:49)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-06-17, 01:11)Whitey9457 Wrote: I have the same problem except mine is with an old MacBook (white plastic 1,1 model 2ghz intel core duo). I updated the MacBook to OSX 10.6.8 (I don't think it can go beyond that).

I think you might be able to run Lion on that system, and that will support Isengard.

I'm not a Mac guru though. Wink

Quote:To use Lion, make sure your computer has the following:

An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later to install via the Mac App Store (v10.6.8 recommended)
7 GB of available disk space.
2 GB of RAM.

Unfortunately won't work with the Intel Core Duo... I'd need the Core 2 Duo minimum (32 bit v. 64 bit i guess... I don't really know what this stuff means but i know it's not happening unless it's possible for me to update the processor hardware which i'd probably be open for but i doubt it is within my capacity

It sucks that I can barely use the white macbook for anything anymore because it still runs great just not many programs still function. i can hardly get on a browser and see facebook I'm pretty clueless about computers really but I know enough to generally follow instructions I replaced a cord to the display in the white plastic macbook which basically required me to take the entire thing apart (also upgraded the ram and HD while i was at it...) and I was struck by how easy it was to take that thing apart. definitely doesn't seem possible with my current macbook pro lol. pretty cool if you ask me.

I've been thinking about uses for the macbook... It would make a great media center if it could run kodi especially if i can keep screen sharing intact (although I'm not sure how the graphics would all look especially since the mini-dvi jack isn't really used anymore i just bought a mini-dvi --> hdmi cord so we'll see about that soon.)

hopefully not hijacking this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Kodi version for MacMini 10.6.8?0