Why doesn't Kodi stick on my computer?
Hello,I have a frustrating problem. I downloaded Kodi Jarvis "on top" of my older version but every time I try to open it (when I click on the icon ) it comes up a box that wants to install it. The icon looks different now I think because there is a little shield (I don't know if that word is right.) I am sure I must have done somehing wrong but I don't know what! Please help me if you can. I feel kind of desperate. Thanks!

I am new here and English is not my first language so please excuse any spellingmistakes.
Hello Larizza,

First question is, why did you download Jarvis, and not the current version which is v17.1 Krypton?

Now when you say that you "downloaded Kodi Jarvis "on top" of my older version ", what do you mean by this? You downloaded the install file off the website here... then what? Did you install it? Downloading and Installing are two different steps.

Actually, where did you download it? The Windows Store, or from this website?
I actually did download Krypton but I didn´t understand the layout or how to use the program. But maybe I need to learn that and that could solve my problem. By on top I just mean that I didn't uninstall the previous version which was Isengard. I downloaded it from here and installed it also, and then I ran it and it worked, but then the next day the only icon I had opened up the installbox again. At first I didn't have any icon at all so I clicked to make a shortcut. ( I did aall this in Swedish, so I maybe have the English terms wrong). And I must also add that I downloaded Jarvis *after* Krypton, because Ididn't understand that version but maybe there are some good instruction site, so I can learn. I suffer from impatience and get frustrated if I don't understand things in five minutes, I need to learn patience, and maybe things would get easier then. But still, I am curious to why the Jarvis icon doesn't open Kodibut opens the installationbox instead.
Quote:I actually did download Krypton but I didn´t understand the layout or how to use the program
Ok, no problems. The new skin Estuary has confused a lot of people. You can still use the old skin Confluence. Just download it and install it again.

Quote:At first I didn't have any icon at all so I clicked to make a shortcut

It sounds like you are just clicking on the Install file again. I think you have created a shortcut to the install file by mistake.

Best way to check is as follows:
1. go to the shortcut and Right-Click on it and select Properties.
2. Select the Shortcut Tab.
3. There will be a field named Target
4. Check that the Target entry is actually pointing to the Kodi.exe program. It will look very similar to- c:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
5. If you are not sure, copy and paste it here

If it is totally different, you are clicking on the wrong file/shortcut
Have you perhaps made a shortcut to the file you downloaded? if so then yes that will always take you through the installation routine as that is the installer file, to check right click on the shortcut icon then go to Properties then check what is in the Target box.
Too slow blossom24 beat me Smile
Yes you are right, I had made the shortcut to the install file. I tried to to it the way you showed me, but I can't check it right now because I need to close Kodi (The one I had to download earlier, and Iam so glad that it works right now), but after I have closed it I will check if this new shortcut that you said will work, if otI will be back and let you know. Thanks for your help. Your explanation was easy to understand!Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why doesn't Kodi stick on my computer?0