Recover files deleted by Kodi / Android.
HELP...Does anyone know how to recover files etc from accidentally deleted drives. A buddy running Kodi 16 on a Qmedia Q10 Pro (Android) accidentally deleted the all the files instead of a doing a cleanup of the data base. Total of four drives , 8 terabytes in total. I have tried to use Easeus Pro with Win 7 to undelete but it cannot detect the folder structure. Tried a couple of other programs with the same results. Seems to find a lot of files including movies, kodi stuff etc. but does not detect the folders. Does anyone know what Kodi does to delete the files? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
videoed09
No one can help you as this is not a Kodi question and rather a general Windows OS quetion.
Also, you are trying to recover pirated media that no one can help with.
Where did your buddy get the 8TB of media files from?
(2017-04-10, 04:58)mo123 Wrote: No one can help you as this is not a Kodi question and rather a general Windows OS quetion.
Also, you are trying to recover pirated media that no one can help with.
Where did your buddy get the 8TB of media files from?

I knew a guy once who had 2 bedrooms stacked wall to wall with dvds he purchased. Probably about 8 or more terabytes worth I would guestimate. I would say sure, if the log showed evidence, or the post directly showed evidence he was pirating then have at it and tell him to get lost. But shouldn't you have a bit of evidence before you outright start accusing people?
(2017-04-10, 03:24)videoed09 Wrote: HELP...Does anyone know how to recover files etc from accidentally deleted drives. A buddy running Kodi 16 on a Qmedia Q10 Pro (Android) accidentally deleted the all the files instead of a doing a cleanup of the data base. Total of four drives , 8 terabytes in total. I have tried to use Easeus Pro with Win 7 to undelete but it cannot detect the folder structure. Tried a couple of other programs with the same results. Seems to find a lot of files including movies, kodi stuff etc. but does not detect the folders. Does anyone know what Kodi does to delete the files? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
videoed09

Just a hunch but did you try to just restore from the "Recycle Bin?...maybe that would work but I'm just guessing. Good luck.

[EDIT] probably a stupid hunch now that I think about it being 8 terabytes 4 drives and all. [HEADSLAP] Sorry
He may have deleted through Kodi but it is not Kodi that deleted the files. There are some recovery programs that will get the files back but for that much content it will take days to recover. Just tell him to not over write any of the drives to get better chances to recover his material.
Here are 5 top free recovery software according to TechRadar
Code:
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-free-data-recovery-tools-1321723

This will need to be run on a PC. Each drive will need to be attached to the PC while the software runs. Could be hours for each drive.
no need to worry as nowadays there are various ways by which one can restore their lost data from their devices. I would suggest you to use Android data recovery Mac software https://www.cleverfiles.com/android-data-recovery.html as this software completely provides solution to recover lost data from android device. Very effective while using and provides instant solution.
(2017-04-12, 12:33)Wasteland Wrote: no need to worry as nowadays there are various ways by which one can restore their lost data from their devices. I would suggest you to use Android data recovery Mac software as this software completely provides solution to recover lost data from android device. Very effective while using and provides instant solution.
Many tools require devices rooted.
Deleted files have not been "deleted". It will no longer be a subversive idea for you after knowing how deletion exactly works.
As a matter of fact, your phone just simply has your erased files invisible, which means they are not perpetually gone right away. However, as you continue to use that device, the new data will take the place of the old one, namely overwriting, so if you are going to recover deleted files back from Android, we suggest stopping using your phone.
(2017-05-23, 16:38)CindyBruce Wrote: Deleted files have not been "deleted". It will no longer be a subversive idea for you after knowing how deletion exactly works.
As a matter of fact, your phone just simply has your erased files invisible, which means they are not perpetually gone right away. However, as you continue to use that device, the new data will take the place of the old one, namely overwriting, so if you are going to recover deleted files back from Android, we suggest stopping using your phone.
You can use the Android data rescuer tool to restore deleted data ,

I agree with you , stopping using phone is the best way to avoid the deleted data be covered by other data ,only in this way , we are allowed to recover deleted data back on Android phone ,
(2017-09-27, 11:21)Rankser Wrote: I agree with you , stopping using phone is the best way to avoid the deleted data be covered by other data ,only in this way , we are allowed to recover deleted data back on Android phone ,
OP speaks about 8 TB of files on 4 drives... I don't think they make phones that large yet.
I just can't imagine how long the deletion on 4 large drives took? Within Kodi there is caution requesters for real file deletion (and the flag needs to be set) to do this. Try Recuva https://www.piriform.com/recuva/reviews from a PC if you can still see the drives.
(2017-04-12, 12:33)Wasteland Wrote: no need to worry as nowadays there are various ways by which one can restore their lost data from their devices. I would suggest you to use Android data recovery Mac software  as this software completely provides solution to recover data from Android SD card . Very effective while using and provides instant solution.

Thanks , i will try it next time ,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recover files deleted by Kodi / Android.0