Recordings wont play 1st time is disk is in standby/sleep
My hard drive where my Live TV recordings are stored goes to sleep after x minutes if not used (in my aim to reduce power consumption and generation of heat in a fanless setup). if my HD is asleep and I go to play a recording Kodi wont play it first time around... I can hear the HD wake up and cycle, although there's no gui error messages (I haven't looked in the log yet).

I get the blue "waiting/loading" image and then after ~10 seconds Kodi will fall back to the recording menu (or home screen if I selected the recordings from the recently recordings). selecting the recording immediately after the failed "play" immediately plays the recording... it's almost like Kodi doesn't give it enough time and times out?

Apart from telling my HD to not go asleep, is there anything I can do? I've had a quick look at the Advanced settings and there is nothing obvious..
Not really. It's based upon the timeout for tuning a station, I believe. And while it is annoying to have it fail because your HDD/NAS is asleep, it's not a big deal to just select the recording again.
(2017-04-10, 16:53)rpcameron Wrote: it's not a big deal to just select the recording again.

ooooohhhh you haven't been on the sharp end of my wife's tongue!!!!!

(2017-04-10, 16:53)rpcameron Wrote: It's based upon the timeout for tuning a station,

I will test this theory
(2017-04-10, 17:12)AshG Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 16:53)rpcameron Wrote: it's not a big deal to just select the recording again.

ooooohhhh you haven't been on the sharp end of my wife's tongue!!!!!

(2017-04-10, 16:53)rpcameron Wrote: It's based upon the timeout for tuning a station,

I will test this theory

Please test another theory: set the response timeout in the settings of your pvr client add-on to a larger value. For pvr.hts it defaults to 5 seconds which might be not enough to wake up your NAS. In case you add-on does not have such a setting, throw it into the recycle bin (or ask the add-on maintainer to implement this setting). ;-)
Thanks KSoo I've moved to TVH now, found the setting and all seems to be working :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings wont play 1st time is disk is in standby/sleep0