Playback question
I came across an issue today which I had never noticed before, (normally only really use party mode)

I had added a 4 cd set to the library

when tagging the the album with MP3tag I used 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 and 4/4 respectivly for each cd in the discnumber field

I wanted to play disc 4 only but I couldn't find any obvious way of doing this, as when I select the album thourgh the interface it shows me all the tracks for all 4 cds in the collection but at least sorted into the correct order.

so ended up resorting to queuing each of the tracks on the 4th cd of set individually.

Am I mising something really obvious or should I be tagging multi disc sets in a different way ?

I am using confluence skin and kodi 17.1

Thanks for any hints
Play next auto might be easier. As Dave advised, disknumber is encoded into the track number in the database, and from a quick test, creating a songs smart playlist with Track greater than 131072 and Track less than 196609 will find all songs disk 2 (you could add an Album rule to narrow it down).

Adding "disknumber" to the advanced filter as a criterion might be a new feature fix.

scott s.
Scott is right about using a smart playlist. Also at the moment you have to use combined disc/track numbers in the track rule, that is something else I need to fix.

(2017-04-13, 03:10)scott967 Wrote: Adding "disknumber" to the advanced filter as a criterion might be a new feature fix.
Yes I agree. Disc number as rule, and as (sideblade) filter critera. Added to my (as yet still on paper, but will publish sooner or later) todo list.
thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out. As I mainly use party mode I'd never noticed the issue before but yes a disknumber type filter would be helpful

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback question0