Linux Ubuntu 15.04 - Unable to install KODI, depends on libcec4 which is not available
Hello:

Long story short, I tried to install 16.04 but my APU is not recognized and thus Im forced to stay in a prior to 16.04 distribution untill the Amd driver issue is solved (or I find a new gpu, which I hope is soon).

So, before my SSD died, I was happily in 15.04, so I went back there and now the APU is detected and all that is working and sounding great... but can't get Kodi to work because...:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: libcec4 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

The libcec4 is nowhere to be found, and Im unsure how to fix it. Is there a way I can tell it to install a prior version so that it doenst try to install the libcec4? Far as I can think of, Im not even using that thing. My PC is connected to the TV via HDMI but Im using analog audio and my phone as the remote control, so I have no clue why I would depend on that library (never used that option).

Any ideas?
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).
Tried to follow the guide on wiki to downgrade to a prior version, but seems theres no binaries for 15.04 Vivid :|
Acer something AMD A8-3800K with Trinity Radeon HD6650 (512MB), 10GB DDR3, Ubuntu 15.04, NO KODI HELP Audio: Working great Analog 5.1 (with Infinity Reference Sub and Center).
15.04 is out of support BY cannonical.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for that very useful information. I'll find other way to do it, thanks for nothing.
you can either try the trusty package, or much better rebuild the src package with apt-get source --compile

on an related note: which APU/GPU is it that 16.04 doesn't support?
Pulse8 still hosts Vivid packages, so you may be able to install directly from their PPA, e.g.

https://launchpad.net/~pulse-eight/+arch...ntu/libcec

Other versions are in their "testing" repositories.

The only gotcha I can see is if something is looking for a precise release vs just the major (e.g. 4.1.1.0 vs 4.x). You'd need to test that, although I think it's unlikely.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
(2017-04-12, 12:26)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Pulse8 still hosts Vivid packages, so you may be able to install directly from their PPA, e.g.

https://launchpad.net/~pulse-eight/+arch...ntu/libcec

Other versions are in their "testing" repositories.

The only gotcha I can see is if something is looking for a precise release vs just the major (e.g. 4.1.1.0 vs 4.x). You'd need to test that, although I think it's unlikely.

Thank you! That did the trick. (I created an account just to thank you.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 15.04 - Unable to install KODI, depends on libcec4 which is not available0