v18 changing white bars to black bars in player
I have the same issue as well. I am at work right now so I don't have access to my logs. It happened once I upgraded my Matricom G-box 2 from Jarvis to Krypton RC3 and loaded the Schism Anniversary TV Build. I also seem to be having issues with the audio signal that triggers my my 7.1 surround sound. The receiver does not switch over like it use too anymore. I will be going back to Jarvis tonight but will try to pull the logs before hand.
(2017-01-20, 16:03)RayOnTheRun Wrote: I have the same issue as well. I am at work right now so I don't have access to my logs. It happened once I upgraded my Matricom G-box 2 from Jarvis to Krypton RC3 and loaded the Schism Anniversary TV Build. I also seem to be having issues with the audio signal that triggers my my 7.1 surround sound. The receiver does not switch over like it use too anymore. I will be going back to Jarvis tonight but will try to pull the logs before hand.

3rd party build are not supported here.

Try to reproduce the issue with official kodi and if it is still there then post the link of your debug log
Moanbag is in da place!
(2017-01-20, 16:32)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-01-20, 16:03)RayOnTheRun Wrote: I have the same issue as well. I am at work right now so I don't have access to my logs. It happened once I upgraded my Matricom G-box 2 from Jarvis to Krypton RC3 and loaded the Schism Anniversary TV Build. I also seem to be having issues with the audio signal that triggers my my 7.1 surround sound. The receiver does not switch over like it use too anymore. I will be going back to Jarvis tonight but will try to pull the logs before hand.

3rd party build are not supported here.

Try to reproduce the issue with official kodi and if it is still there then post the link of your debug log

Roger that...new to the forums. Thanks!!!
I am experiencing the same issue. Reset Matricom G2 to default, install Kodi 17.1 via Play store, install a single add on and I have the same white bars displaying. I would be more than happy to provide any logs. Just let me know what you need and point me in the direction as to where to get it for you.

Thank you!

Ken
(2017-04-06, 01:54)kenwheeler77 Wrote: I am experiencing the same issue. Reset Matricom G2 to default, install Kodi 17.1 via Play store, install a single add on and I have the same white bars displaying. I would be more than happy to provide any logs. Just let me know what you need and point me in the direction as to where to get it for you.

Thank you!

Ken

Here is how to generate the log: debug log (wiki)

Play a video while generate log

Then copy/paste the content of the log to pastebin.com and post here the link they will give you
Moanbag is in da place!
HI people... new user here.. often visited but just for gathering info, but since I can advance the knowledge here on what's going on, I figured I could shed the light on this subject. I highly doubt a log file will be useful here as this is strictly about Matricom G-Box and not Kodi Player. Not 100% sure, just 99.9% so correct me if I"m wrong. Since I'm the computer savy person of the family I set up Kodi on everybody's system in the family and show them how to do different things, I say this because I've been expose to the MAC system, the G-Box, and of course Windows. The white bars are related to G-Box only that I seen so far.

AS a new user can I post a link? Here goes:
https://forums.matricom.net/viewtopic.ph...&start=135
read the post (they are numbered weirdly over there) 9th from the bottom. They say after people upgraded their firmware on G-Box, that 2 major thing happened, 1, The power button didn't work anymore, 2 Our beautiful white lines appeared.

In case the link will not show up here is the post:
Quote:maxasecas wrote:
I was surprised by this update too. I can't "turn off" the box with the power button but that really doesn't bother me since the only thing that actually was turning off before was the bue light.
But THE WHITE BARS IN KODI VIDEO ARE ANNOYING to say the least. Changing the screen resolution I got to notice that the video has a transaparent background and what is actually showing is the start up screen with the matricom logo on white. How can that be fixed? Can yoU at least tell me were this screen is so I can replace it with a black background?
Quote:You can ZOOM out/in from the G-Box Settings screen, Quick Settings, Display Settings, Screen Position. That fixes the White Lines on the top and/or sides. What's interesting is if you set this up in the beginning using the same tool, it's not right and you get the lines. I found the best way is to play a show with the white lines showing and adjust it.

hope this helps...
I have the same problem, after upgrading to Krypton. Zooming in is not a proper solution because you lose content on both sides. For the time being, (until someone figures this out) I am pushing the "Enter" button, which displays the rewind, pause, stop + other info, and that covers the bars. It is slightly better than the white blinding bars.
Where are your movies coming from @Luby?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
my link going to Matricom above, you will find a quick solution posted by cabot on page 11. This was posted here before, but was deleted, by who? not sure... but in case it was the moderator, I won't post it here again. I tried this solution and this really works, I couldn't believe it did.
Thank you bidzey....much apappreciated. I'll give this a try immediately.
(2017-04-12, 16:04)SJG437 Wrote: Thank you bidzey....much apappreciated. I'll give this a try immediately.

i'd be curious to see if it works for you guys too... don't know why it wouldn't
(2017-04-12, 15:58)bidzey Wrote: my link going to Matricom above, you will find a quick solution posted by cabot on page 11. This was posted here before, but was deleted, by who? not sure... but in case it was the moderator, I won't post it here again. I tried this solution and this really works, I couldn't believe it did.

We don't delete posts here (other than spam). All posts which aren't suitable and violate the forum rules (wiki) for example get sent to the bin instead. An example there is SJG437's first post as it related to banned addons (wiki) which aren't allowed here.

The post you refer to might also be in that category?

As a general reminder we offer no support here for any device that has such addons installed on it, regardless of the issue.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-04-12, 20:30)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2017-04-12, 15:58)bidzey Wrote: my link going to Matricom above, you will find a quick solution posted by cabot on page 11. This was posted here before, but was deleted, by who? not sure... but in case it was the moderator, I won't post it here again. I tried this solution and this really works, I couldn't believe it did.

We don't delete posts here (other than spam). All posts which aren't suitable and violate the forum rules (wiki) for example get sent to the bin instead. An example there is SJG437's first post as it related to banned addons (wiki) which aren't allowed here.

The post you refer to might also be in that category?

As a general reminder we offer no support here for any device that has such addons installed on it, regardless of the issue.
I thought I was breaking a rule by posting a link to another forum, but I couldn't find anything in the policy... Smile
as for not supporting illegal addons, we are all benefiting from this because if you did, Kodi would disappear from the software world in no time
I was having the same issue with the white bars, not no more all I did after trying a lot of things was update the firm ware of the gbox and now no more white bars.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
changing white bars to black bars in player0