Req Additional Genre Icon
My wife has more than 300 Hallmark movies (don't even go there!!) and we would both like to separate them via a simple Hallmark genre.
I have already added a custom genre to the list but, being a woman who likes to keep it simple (hey, she married me!), the genre label is not readily visible and she is unable to remember how to use the filters to find "her" movies.

The simple addition of a new icon would make her a happy wife and therefore make my life infinitely easier.
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
You don't mention what version of Kodi you're on. I can only speak for Jarvis, haven't played with Krypton yet...

I had a similar task in that I wanted a genre called Comedians for my stand-up comedian collection. So from the main menu, Movies arrow to the sub-menu Genres then select your new Hallmark genre...

Or do you mean put a Hallmark genre right on the main menu bar? If so, I don't think you can do that with the standard Confluence skin (without custom "coding" some files). But most other skins will allow you to do that. Now, I will say that most other skins will introduce a learning curve along with a different interface and maybe that's not ideal in your case. But there is a skin called Xonfluence that is basically a more configurable version of the basic Confluence which would allow you some customization without any apparent visual change if you choose.

Or you could add the Hallmark movie genre to Favorites...

Cheers,
RLW

RLW
@WildPhydeaux

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I wasn't totally clear about what she wants.

I have created a genre filter in Kodi and then added the results list into a favorite and added that to the main menu.
This means she can access her Hallmark movies relatively easily from within Kodi.

What she is now asking for is a genre icon in tiny Media Manager so that she can scroll through the list in tMM and easily see the ones she wants.

I know she could just do a filter search in tMM to select only the Hallmark stuff but unfortunately that process has more than one moving part and is therefore beyond her capabilities (thank god she can cook!!)

BTW ... it says in my signature - Kodi Krypton 17.1 with Transparency! skin.
I am no longer active in these forums. Replying to, or commenting on, anything I have said in these forums is a waste of your time.
I am sorry - you are not able to add custom genre icons
Since we want to drop genre icons completely I see no no need for adding new ones at this stage
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2017-04-08, 07:34)mlaggner Wrote: I am sorry - you are not able to add custom genre icons
Since we want to drop genre icons completely I see no no need for adding new ones at this stage

Hi Martin

I wasn't aware you were planning to drop them completely.
As far as I am concerned I think that's a great move but She Who Must Be Obeyed will not be a happy camper!

I'm thinking I should mail that news to her from a galaxy VERY far far away!! LOL
What about a second TMM instance, just for HER movies?
Might be a win-win ^^
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2017-04-12, 06:52)myron Wrote: What about a second TMM instance, just for HER movies?
Might be a win-win ^^

I did try to run a second instance some time ago but was unable to make it work.
It simply refused to allow both instances to be open simultaneously.
I must confess, however, that I was operating in a state of exhaustion at the time so my brain was a long way from being at full capacity.
After that I simply never returned to try and resolve it.

I will tackle it again this weekend and see what I can figure out.
NOT starting the instance twice - you will have the same settings AND the same DB, which obviously won't work.

Since TMM is portable, copy this instance to another folder and start clean.
2 separated instances for the win ^^
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional Genre Icon0