Looking for widget content add-ons.
So basically I am tossing around a few idea but want to know are there any other add-ons that provide online content with movie TV or music list like best selling, top 100, upcoming. I know skin helper skin widgets have some but are mostly local content.. and extended info has the online with trakt and the movie database... Are there any others?

I remember at one time it was one that provide concert locations .. I am not sure which it was any more.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Same here, as extendedinfo seems to have gona ®vapo-ware™ atm ...
I have been looking I found Fandango has a API for review and other thing but I don't think there is a add-on for it ... Nor would I know where to start to make one.

Also I checked the themoviedb api and extended info is pulling everything they offer. So can't ask for more then that lol.
Extendedinfo was what provided concerts originally -- and there were a few others as well like xkcd comics. But I don't think those are in there any more.

You can use pretty much any part of any video/music add-on as a widget path, but you really have to leave that up to users to select through skinshortcuts because everyone uses different add-ons. Really the main widget specific ones are skinhelper, extendedinfo and library service provider.

EDIT: There were a few audio specific ones that used last.fm and audiodb in extendedinfo. I'm not sure if they still work:
Code:
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=discography&&artistname=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=mostlovedtracks&&artistname=$INFO[ListItem.Artist]
plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=topartists
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks the library data provider is one I forgot about. I will have to check that out ...

Thanks... It's a shamed there isn't a way to access imdb list of movie...I was looking on there and found quite a few ideas but unless you already have the movie there is no way to provide the info
its only library content though, probably not much different to skin helper really.
Most of it I already made my own playlist for but I do like how I can combine a few things...

Doing more snooping I found rotten tamatos has API for movie reviews as well as new York times ... To bad I don't know a think about python.
I think RT API has gone $60k a year hasn't it?
I may have missed that the ny time is free for non commercial use though
I looked up the rotten tomatoes API for reviews but I can only get to the part where you apply to use there API... They don't show anything about limits or uses... Maybe it would be something the "Kodi" company could apply for if it is free.. maybe see if they want to be a sponsor ... It's a lot of users here they could benefit from

https://developer.fandango.com/Rotten_Tomatoes
Skin helper supplies rotten tomatoes stuff or did? check there!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-04-13, 15:38)Mike_Doc Wrote: Skin helper supplies rotten tomatoes stuff or did? check there!
Yeah it does, although it is through omdb api which is currently not supplying RT due to the 60k license fee. However, I read that they are planning on changing how they supply the info so that the api license fee is not necessary -- basically changing it so they just act as conduit to supply the info -- as far as I gather it is when the data is manipulated that the license fee becomes necessary.

Here's some more info:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/rating-cha...=post_link
forgot about that as I don't use any of that skin helper stuff just know it was there.

Cheers JM.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for widget content add-ons.0