Add-on Migration in Progress - please wait Issue
Hi! I just upgraded from Jarvis to Kodi Krypton v17.1 and when I open Kodi, the message Add-on migration in progess - please wait shows up and does not proceed to open Kodi.
Initially Kodi would not even open to this start-up page but it did after I deleted the addons27db.

Anyone has any fix on this?
Check and see if there's anything in %Appdata%\kodi\addons\packages. If there is anything in that folder, delete it and restart kodi.

If this doesn't help you may have a broken or incompatible addon installed. As long as you don't have any banned addons installed, post a debug log for further help.
Thank you Gobberwart! I actually saw one of your earlier posts right after i posted this thread. I deleted the addons\packages but it still stalled. What i then did was cut and put in a separate (outside of Kodi) folder all Kodi\addons. Restarted Kodi and now everything works!

Thank you for your help!

I tried deleting this thread since I saw an earlier thread about it but could not.
So in other words - remove all addons except those that came with the installation (they're in programfilesx86/kodi/addons or wherever the microsoft store sticks them).
I can see how that stops addon migration problems (I've even suggested it in a previous thread) but it's not a painless solution - especially if someone has a lot of addons installed.
Yes Troggy that seems correct, removing all addons. I didn't know what else to do so I just tried and moved all my addons out of the kodi folder and it worked for me. In upgrading to Krypton, that was actually my second issue i had to deal with. The first one was Kodi did not want to start at all and removing the addon27.db as you suggested in previous threads did the job.

Thank you!
Hey guys sorry newbie here, I'm having the same problem. After installing Kodi 17.3 it doesn't work. Where do I find the add-on that needs to be removed . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U
(2017-08-06, 20:07)ALMSGT Wrote: Hey guys sorry newbie here, I'm having the same problem. After installing Kodi 17.3 it doesn't work. Where do I find the add-on that needs to be removed . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U (typie typie)

Please provide more information. It would be best if you provided a debug log, to confirm you actually have the same problem.

Follow instructions here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2572642
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have the same problem - from 17 to 17.5.

But for me, since I have experienced this before (took HOURS to manually move stuff, test, move, test etc), if would help a great deal to explain WHAT in fact the migration consists of - and to WHERE they are being migrated. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Migration in Progress - please wait Issue0