Win how to fix kodi 17.1 not working on windows 7
i just want to say that the kodi 17.1 is no good for computers running windows 7 idk why does anynbody know how to fix this please and thanks in advance
Works fine for me, and most other users. why not leave a proper debug log (wiki)
1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating then select and click "userdata" then select and click "databaset" and then go Addons27.db and delete it.

I have had lots of trouble but Blossom 24 recommended the above procedure and Kodi 17.1 now works.
i had same problem with kodi not opening in windows 7 and tried this fix now everything perfect again , thank you
Breightment, that worked on my windows 10 machine, I was having the same problems. Thank You!Cool
Upon updating to Kodi 17.1, faced a problem where Kodi failed to luanch on Windows 7. I followed the instructions by breightment and it loaded perfectly. The only thing he forgets to mention is that when you are in the "Roaming" folder, your next folder to click on is the "Kodi" folder. Maybe self-explanatory, but there it is...

Thanks much![/i]
The original instructions...

Blossom24 Wrote:What do I have to do to fix it?
The fix is fairly simple, and should only take a few minutes of your time.
All that needs to be done is to navigate to ...\userdata\database and delete the file named Addons27.db

I can’t find this userdata directory
The location depends upon where you downloaded Kodi from...

If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\database

If you downladed from the Windows Store, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
[c:]\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

If you originally downloaded Kodi from TVAddons then that is a modified version of Kodi and we are unable to assist you. You will need to contact TVAddons for assistance.

What is %appdata%
It is a shortcut to navigate to the userdata folder. To access it, follow these steps...

1. Right click on the Start Button (bottom left of the screen)
2. Select “Run”
3. Type %appdata% and press OK
4. Windows Explorer will open in the Roaming folder, then continue navigating to Addons27.db as explained in the previous section.

I found Addons27.db and deleted it. Now what?
Great. Now that it is deleted, you can exit out of Windows Explorer and start Kodi as you normally would. In most cases, if you have followed these directions, the issue will have been resolved.

I followed the instructions and Kodi still won’t start.
Now you will need to create a thread explaining the problem. Please read the following links to familiarise yourself on posting about a problem...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=42708
Hi, i have windows 7 and did the Run %appdata% deleted the Addon27.db and everytime i open up Kodi it still says kodi can't now open check for online solutions. i check the folder and the Addon27.DB is back i'll delete it again and every time i open up kodi it will just reappear again, can someone please help?
(2017-05-28, 21:33)Jharmony361 Wrote: Hi, i have windows 7 and did the Run %appdata% deleted the Addon27.db and everytime i open up Kodi it still says kodi can't now open check for online solutions. i check the folder and the Addon27.DB is back i'll delete it again and every time i open up kodi it will just reappear again, can someone please help?

No, no. Don't keep deleting Addons27.db. It is a required Kodi file and it WILL be recreated and rebuilt when you delete it. This is normal. Smile

Addons27.db is obviously not the issue affecting your setup so you will need to post a debug log. Instructions here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2572642
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Addons27.db is obviously not the issue affecting your setup so you will need to post a debug log. Instructions here... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2572642
[/quote]

I too have the black screen when I try running Kodi 17 on my Windows 7.Deleting AddOn27 does not work.

I cannot follow how to submit a log from those instructions because in my c://users folder I do not have an AddData directory. What should I do?
@Talbuz Log file/Advanced (wiki) section 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) also check Supported hardware (wiki) to see if you can run Kodi. Have you ever had Kodi running on this hardware previously?
I did, but recently my PowerPoint is telling me about some issue with my graphics card, so maybe I should check that first.
Get aptoide and take it from there or as ive suggested before fowindows and get and android box cheap or old tablet and hdmi it to your tv as i did in my crawling days of tech

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to fix kodi 17.1 not working on windows 70