What's the polite/effective move when your forum Q goes unanswered?
Hi everyone!

As stated in the subject, I'm having trouble getting answers sometimes - I realize many, including myself, have so much going on, that they're often on here to ask questions and not answer them, but I'm really looking for assistance on a particular matter after teaching myself quite a bit and still managing to fail. What do you guys try when you don't receive a response regarding something you're really trying to resolve. I know I've seen plenty of lonely unanswered posts around the forum, but I just can't seem to squash a couple of current issues.

Alex
The general rule of thumb:

1) Provide as much information as possible and present it in very clear terms and make sure you are posting in the most appropriate place.

2) Wait a respectable amount of time, at least 24 hours (and longer during weekends and holidays) before "bumping your thread".

3) Don't be afraid to clarify / add more information about your problem as you get it.

4) If applicable provide a Debug log (wiki)

Sometimes you may find that the problem is that nobody has an answer for you or only a limited amount of people may be able to help and so it takes longer to get a response.

I'll move this to discussions (for discussion) as it's not a specific support issue.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thank you for responding Dangelus;

This particular thread isn't a current support issue, but my current unanswered support-related threads are linked below. I'm actually concerned that people pass over some of my threads because there may be too much info. I try to find solutions on my own before posting.

One of the threads was originally posted 2 weeks ago, so I felt I had waited long enough to bump it. The other one I'm just being impatient with. Angel

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=310856

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=312007
(2017-04-12, 09:23)Dangelus Wrote: The general rule of thumb:

1) Provide as much information as possible and present it in very clear terms and make sure you are posting in the most appropriate place.

2) Wait a respectable amount of time, at least 24 hours (and longer during weekends and holidays) before "bumping your thread".

3) Don't be afraid to clarify / add more information about your problem as you get it.

4) If applicable provide a Debug log (wiki)

Sometimes you may find that the problem is that nobody has an answer for you or only a limited amount of people may be able to help and so it takes longer to get a response.

I'll move this to discussions (for discussion) as it's not a specific support issue.

I just realized that my last post may not get a notification to you unless I quote you? I hope I'm right because I feel downright stupid at the moment.
No need to do that. I have notifications turned off. As a Team Member and moderator I participate in hundreds of threads so my inbox would be chaos otherwise Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Understandable. Well I'm trying to accomplish two things. 1) Block Android from writing directories on Linux shares, and 2) Remove sources from File Manager where the context menu doesn't allow delete.

I've actually been trying to figure these two things out for nearly a month on my own. :/ I'd think someone out there would be like goodness both of those are 2 minute jobs.
I just responded to your older thread... I am hoping I understood what you wanted and provided an answer.
Thank you, Dangelus and blossom24.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's the polite/effective move when your forum Q goes unanswered?0