Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM
(2017-04-12, 13:04)Gracus Wrote: It will also need that that these content provider allow it
I think there is a valid concern that that will change the project's independence. Once those who are making money from somebody have a "say", that "say" usually quickly gets to imposing their wants on others.

For DRM to work, doesn't the content provider have to have access to what is being used? What's to prevent the measures to prevent the content provider's content being played stopping free/licensed by others content being played? It wouldn't be the first time that a commercial entity has thrown its weight around inappropriately/overstepped the mark to "protect" itself.

I don't have any answers, but I can certainly understand that there are questions and reasons to be concerned. I don't think there's any reason to be rude to the OP. He/she made a contribution to the development of the program. Just because it was voluntary doesn't mean there was no contribution.

Why would accessing commercial content have to be integrated? Why couldn't it be done by add-ons? If you want to add your *whatever* account, you enable the addon and you're good to go. Frankly, if the program was all full of "google", I wouldn't use it any more, no matter how much I'm told that it makes it better. If I want all that Netflixy stuff, it's on my computer to get, I agree with the OP in that respect. I DON'T use Kodi to access content on the internet and I don't want to. You will alienate the "normal" users who have just been using Kodi as a player and not some portal to content (one might say, the ones who have been doing the right thing all along).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM - by bilgepump - 2017-04-14, 01:48

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just saw this article about Kodi/DRM00
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.