• 3(current)
Android [Samsung] Kodi - nothing but loud noise after Android 7 update
Ok I have 17.1 on my Tab S 10.5. Downloaded from the Kodi download link not from this thread, not from Android Play Store.

The Samsung update was installed TODAY, just now. I have NO issues with a wired set of headphones. HERE is the BIG BUT...

I do NOT know that I ever had the issue prior to the Samsung FW update that I just took.

I do NOT know what the update changes...no change log available as yet....I'll keep checking at XDA to see if anyone finds out.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help than this at the moment Sad
S6 Edge+ Same noise issue with beadphones and tried the latest version from d link provided. Help plz.
Http://pastr.ubuntu.com/24457574
Any workaround for s6 edge+Huh I even tried the latest build from tje link provided. Help.
Workaround: first version I posted.
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Says corupt sighz. Should i uninstall and then use the workaround apk?
Rather seems your download went wrong.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Solved

Settings/System ...Audio... put the setting level to Expert ....go to bottom ....Send low volume noise... put that OFF
...make sure you go to Exit to take effect.... then restart voilà !

Enjoy !
(2017-04-30, 23:59)K0r@N Wrote: Solved

Settings/System ...Audio... put the setting level to Expert ....go to bottom ....Send low volume noise... put that OFF
...make sure you go to Exit to take effect.... then restart voilà !

Enjoy !

Worked to stop d noise at the biginning but no audio when watching a show. I even unplugged headphones n plugged back n issue came back. Idk what im doing wrong...
Today got the kodi update from google play store 17.2 and the issue is again present.
A lot of noise from kodi new version on samsung note 5.
Again complain to Samsung who released a completely broken Android upgrade. We are NOT going to fix it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I do not get this! We are samsung and kodi fans you should do smth about this. At least where should we get the old fix 17.1 to download....
17.1 has the very same issue. Samsung BROKE a fundamental audio format affecting all applications using high quality audio ... there is nothing we have to fix. Why should we "silently" force minor quality on all android users, only cause samsung does not do their homework and users are their QA testers?
(2017-05-24, 19:32)kgb87 Wrote: I do not get this! We are samsung and kodi fans you should do smth about this. At least where should we get the old fix 17.1 to download....

We are going to do exactly nothing about this. Samsung broke your phone and not us!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well my version of kodi previous to the today kodi update was working well... i did not do any upgrade of the os during this month. So pleade can you upload again the kryptosamsung 17.1 so I can download and test it?
"kryptonsamsung" <- you see. This is a special test build degrading the audio quality to the standards of 1997 ... (Install it from your local downloads and disable kodi auto upgrade until samsung releases and upgrade).

Here: The Pain in the ass build should also work: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - for those accepting minor audio quality.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Samsung] Kodi - nothing but loud noise after Android 7 update3