• 4(current)
Android [Samsung] Kodi - nothing but loud noise after Android 7 update
(2017-05-24, 19:35)Martijn Wrote: We are going to do exactly nothing about this. Samsung broke your phone and not us!

My phone is working well with all the other apps..music and videos ones... as i already said i did not upgrade the os durong this month i only updated kodi a hour before and the noise issue came back... it looks like the float issue was not considered in the new kodi version....anyway.. i would like to try and install the old kodi version with the samsung fix
Yeah - I see, you don't get what we are saying. We can only explain it to you - we cannot understand it for you.

The build you were running was no official kodi build, but a special build demonstrating that samsung broke FLOAT format by disabling it entirely.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-04-18, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: Build with kryptsamsung in name will appear here in some hours: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/android/arm/

I was using this build from this post... and this was the perfect one noo issues... i accidentally upgraded kodi and now i cannot find it again.....

Thanks for your work fritsch!
Here: PITA build: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk <- works the same
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
See: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2591290 - nicely done by Samsung ...
@fritsch What is PITA ?
PITA <- Pain in the ass: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk - I like to give builds names, so that everyone understands that those are not fixes but workaround lazy vendor QA ... in our samsung example they degrade audio quality for everyone. Others push users at risk by not providing proper passthrough support, those builds - as they harm - are shitty builds ... and so on.
I think now has come the time to actually put Companies names up in lights - ie .pita.shitty.build.Samsung.apk Wink

@fritsch ok, I understand!

Your PITA build is working fine with headphone audio on Galaxy Tab S2 with Nougat 7.0 ;-)

Do you plan to include that in standard Krypton build in the future?
(2017-05-25, 20:49)rainman74 Wrote: @fritsch ok, I understand!

Your PITA build is working fine with headphone audio on Galaxy Tab S2 with Nougat 7.0 ;-)

Absolutely NOT!.

Really we have been quite clear on this but you don't seem to understand that Samsung fucked up your phone and we are NOT going to fix it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-25, 20:49)rainman74 Wrote: @fritsch ok, I understand!

No. Why should we? We for sure don't degrade audio quality for everyone, only cause Samsung broke it. Btw. as spotify and many other applications were also broken - I think the "market pressure" is enough so that they do their homework next time :-)
I do understand you both, but I don't agree, sorry :-)

Samsung is the biggest Android manufacturer and that's probably why both, Spotify and Youtube apps, indeed are working again with Samsung Nougat 7.0 update and headphone audio!

It seams that only standard Kodi is to be left over with that "problem".

Please reconsider your view.

https://9to5google.files.wordpress.com/2...-share.gif
We don't give a fuck about Samsung.
Also Kodi isn't made for phones to start with so certainly not even our target area
The problem exists likewise for Samsungs Tablets and Phones :-(

I have got a Samsung Tablet.
Time to stop buying samsung then.

My nvidia tablet works great
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help