Sharing addons among profiles - possible?
Hi
This is probably not RPi related issue but more of Kodi related issue.

I have Kodi 17.1 installed on RPi2.
I created few profiles but realized that the addons are not shared and most of them are disabled.
I can enable them one by one but what if I want to share them when I create the profiles.

Is there a way to share addons among profiles?
I've to the same question!
At this moment, there´s no option to pre-enable add-ons that exists on the "Master User"-profile for the additional profile.

But I admit that this miight be an intersting idea to give users a choice to do so if they want.

Add-ons shouldn´t be auto-enabled as default, because locking down add-ons for different profiles should still be an option (parental control and such). But giving the user a chioce might not be bad.
The problem is going to be due to any add-on that is installed outside of the normal way (via the install from repo or install from zip options in the GUI) doesn't by default get added to the addons database, and at next reboot is automatically disabled due to this (it's a security feature to prevent bulk configuring this way, often done by "fully loaded" box peddlers).

But of course if you install an addon in the master profile but then use another profile, the second profile doesn't have the addon in its own addons database and so the mechanism kicks in.

When an add-on is installed, a copy of the zip file is kept in the packages directory on the device, so the simplest way is to just use that to "reinstall" the addon in the new profile (so you don't have to download anything again). That will correctly add the addon to the database for the profile and it will be enabled properly.

But I would agree with @DaVu that this is something that could be an interesting idea to include in the profile creation set-up.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This would actually be better as a feature request.

I'll move it the.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-04-13, 12:34)dbenyakar Wrote: Is there a way to share addons among profiles?
I'm using libreelec 8.2 on a pi3 - addons in a new profile are in the same state (enabled / disabled) as in the main profile.
If I remember correctly LibreElec doesn't have the add-on disabling for installs outside the GUI.

This of course could be a solution in itself perhaps, the feature point was for more general Kodi rather than LibreElec.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-06-20, 22:00)DarrenHill Wrote: If I remember correctly LibreElec doesn't have the add-on disabling for installs outside the GUI.

This of course could be a solution in itself perhaps, the feature point was for more general Kodi rather than LibreElec.
Actually I've just made a new profile in windows 17.6 and addons are enabled (or rather in the same state as the master profile)  in that too.
@trogggy 

could you please explain the steps you did to create the profile?
(2018-06-20, 23:14)DaVu Wrote: @trogggy 

could you please explain the steps you did to create the profile?
Profiles screen > Add profile.
Name the profile.
Accept the default folder location.
Share media info and sources.
Copy default settings.
Load the profile.
Done that way Addonsxx.db is shared with the master profile.
Obviously if you want separate media you can 'cheat' by copying databases between profiles, but that would be against the rules, immoral and probably fattening.
@trogggy 

Thanks much. I'll try that later. I talked to @spiff and sharing the databases between both profiles shouldn't be the way how it's done. Each profile (in an ideal world Wink ), should have its own database.

Not saying you did something wrong or your test was not good. It's just interesting that the databases already are shared.
That was my understanding too - it might explain though why I'm a fat git Wink

Kodi Blog Posts
I have the same observation. Seems, that this is impossible then?

-I want to profiles share media sources, watched status etc.
-I want to differentiate installed ADDONS. Or, at least, DONT SHARE enable/disable addon status between profiles.

So basically, how to share library, but not enable/disable settings for addons?

For example, @Projector setup profile, I want to disable TV. Kodi 16.1 allows me turn this off in settings, but in Leia seems I need to disable PVR Client addon. But this is shared with other profiles, where I actually using TV..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sharing addons among profiles - possible?0