v17 Android and Zidoo X1
Hi, I have this box, but can't upgrade to Kodi 17, because they won't upgrade the firmware with Android 5. Any solution? I've already told this to their tech support but they don't mind.
There's another version of Kodi 17 for older android (I think) called FTMC. That might be best?
(2017-04-13, 12:45)Audiomonk Wrote: There's another version of Kodi 17 for older android (I think) called FTMC. That might be best?

Is it managed by Kodi team?
No, it's Freaktabs fork.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And not Open Source - GPL compliant either.

I see no modified source code published and someone has already asked for it.
Its Forked from Koying's SPMC codebase.

Having said that for a SPMC (Jarvis) Fork on AMlogic Marshmallow Firmware is a pretty snappy release. Smile

What is an X1? RK, AML?

Zidoo is terrible, I know I wouldn't make any firmware for their boxes.

As to FTMC, it'll never be GPL compliant given its course. GPL discussion aside, it's more akin to an RKMC[proprietary Rockchip bullshit] fork than an SPMC fork

It's based on Rockchip patches and uses Rockchip's custom ffmpeg, RK audio patches, etc. That's why I ask if X1 is RK, as FTMC has RK specific code from RKMC that doesn't even necessarily work optimally on RK.

Mostly proprietary RK binaries throughout. (Very shoddy RK work, by the way.) I piss some people off everytime I say it but I've been saying it for years and I still maintain, RKCodec and the proprietary RK nonsense like RKMC is the worst kind of Kodi fork that could ever exist - beyond the issues of GPL - it's simply plain bad in terms of feature set, roadmap, history, I could go on and on. Lose/lose situation on that front.

RKcodec is the new Amcodec.

RKMC is RK's private method 'solution' to fractional frame rate support (still broken), refresh rate switching (still broken) and other unpublished experimental nonsense. --> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2553871
(2017-04-14, 19:02)shomari Wrote: What is an X1? RK, AML?

Zidoo is terrible, I know I wouldn't make any firmware for their boxes.

As to FTMC, it'll never be GPL compliant given its course. GPL discussion aside, it's more akin to an RKMC[proprietary Rockchip bullshit] fork than an SPMC fork

It's based on Rockchip patches and uses Rockchip's custom ffmpeg, RK audio patches, etc. That's why I ask if X1 is RK, as FTMC has RK specific code from RKMC that doesn't even necessarily work optimally on RK.

Mostly proprietary RK binaries throughout. (Very shoddy RK work, by the way.) I piss some people off everytime I say it but I've been saying it for years and I still maintain, RKCodec and the proprietary RK nonsense like RKMC is the worst kind of Kodi fork that could ever exist - beyond the issues of GPL - it's simply plain bad in terms of feature set, roadmap, history, I could go on and on. Lose/lose situation on that front.

RKcodec is the new Amcodec.

RKMC is RK's private method 'solution' to fractional frame rate support (still broken), refresh rate switching (still broken) and other unpublished experimental nonsense. --> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2553871

I'm not sure why you talk about Rockchip.

FTMC has 2 forks, one for AMLogic(with pass-through hacks) and one for Rockchip(with IEC61937 audio) with their settings set by default.
It is basically SPMC with all the changes in the changelog that they publish with new changes from SPMC, Kodi 17, MrMC & RKMC combined.
So any person can reconstruct it with the commits from their change-logs.
They also said they will upload it to Github for other people to use.
They don't make any of their own changes, all commits come from other Kodi's.

Zidoo X1 is an Allwinner device that has zero Kodi support, the worst you get and it was already abandoned by them a year ago.
Zidoo is now also making closed source Realtek Kodi's for their X9s/X10 devices that violate the GPL and use non standard API's.
I literally had no idea FTMC which started as RKMC based fork, had anything to do with AML these days.

You know from Freaktab I'm NO fan at all of the proprietary branches promoted by Rockchip. They're garbage.

As to the X1, I said myself I had no idea whether it was RK or AML.

And at this point you should be used to my rants about RK and its bastardization of android's public methods in favor of its own private apis. #KanyeShrug

EDIT: I'm fully aware that FTMC cherrypicks from SPMC and other forks to augment the garbage from Rockchip's RKMC. I just didn't know AML was also included in the soup.
In summary, can I use another fork or not?
(2017-04-15, 16:51)condor83 Wrote: In summary, can I use another fork or not?

Ask Zidoo what will work.
Or you can try Kodi 16.1, at least it will install.
Most things won't work on any Kodi with a Zidoo X1 anyway.
(2017-04-15, 17:26)mo123 Wrote:
(2017-04-15, 16:51)condor83 Wrote: In summary, can I use another fork or not?

Ask Zidoo what will work.
Or you can try Kodi 16.1, at least it will install.
Most things won't work on any Kodi with a Zidoo X1 anyway.

Yes, you can most definitely use another fork. Just be aware of the disparities and faults of some of those forks. Most of them will work fine for basic demands, but might fail with certain tasks depending on your firmware.

Of course there's always the option of running Kodi Jarvis.

I understand there's currently a scourge among users seeking to run piracy addons that has resulted in a mad dash to update to Kodi Krypton in order to 'get the most' out of their 'bulds' by meeting certain Python dependencies. This may or may not apply to your case.

As a general advisory, please refer to forum rules (wiki) piracy (wiki)
Well at least Ftmc/Spmc is allowing some fixes. I get the github and gpl and all the other comments maybe its time to tell China to take a hike and make it so nothing that isnt coded to the Api correctly works. That would throw all the monkeys making these boxes into a fit. Bottom line is these manufactures dont want to will not fix thier own crap. (Wipe thier own asses so to speak.) let them find a solution or persih... But the want for that 35 dollar device that nothing works on is way too powerfull over the want for a device that works .. Funny
hmm since im the one that maintain ftmc, i reply in the thread of it in freaktab!
(2017-04-25, 05:13)superceleron Wrote: hmm since im the one that maintain FTMC, i reply in the thread of it in freaktab!

Superceleron's reply over here on Freaktab

Thanks for code sharing SC. Smile
The more Kodi forks the better I say. Nice work supporting legacy systems !
It's really refreshing to see someone release a Kodi fork too without a whole bunch of Pirate Addons.

Yes I agree everything Git can be daunting for those unfamiliar with it at first.
Sometime I think we are too quick to criticize when code does not get published in a timely manner, I will admit to that.

I too have been a Git Newbie at one stage, developing along a very similar path with AML LibreELEC.

well i getting the "hang" of it.
but now im still seeing where should i put it... github or bitbucket...
Well with time we shall see, but we are off topic!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android and Zidoo X10