Win Mark As Watched / Unwatched
Hi guys ,

I am new here hope that is the right place .

For sometime was option at old kodi/xbmc to mark entirely a folder at source as watched or unwached,
that seemes to drop from kodi 16.1- and higher .
that was so useful tool not only to me aso to alot of people ,
is there ant addon or other way to do so besides go each movie and marked as watched or 'w' key?

For 17, this function doesn't seem to be in the context menu of file mode and not available from the typical keyboard 'W' on sources but 16.1 does have it. Alternatives are loading up 16.1 portable mode and set folders. Utilize something like Trakt or develop a fast twitch finger HOW-TO:Modify automatic watch and resume points (wiki) or submitting a trak.

This is an old trick http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1193979

{Edit: Kodi 17.1 In 'library' mode series and season level watched/unwatched is available in the context menu}
The most easy thing is to bring that menu entry back. It was useful. There is no reason for it being removed. So I assume it was just forgotten.
I'm using Kodi in File Mode, because library mode only makes things complicated for me...
Explore the add-on 'Last Played' http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=279131 or express your concerns to the skin thread. http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260
Exclamation 
Exactly same problem, exactly same suggestion: why not just let this options same as before ?
There is no way for set many movies as watched ? imagine how that is possible to not just add something who not depend of the skin ?

In MVC model coding, Control is not in UI part... so if people need to complain on Viewer part (skins is that part), then it is because the design pattern of the kodi code become more and more bad. The idea of go under files mode for just be able to unwatch many movies was just bad idea... it show a bad pettern concept from devs team.

The way to do it right is definitly to add in the left menu an selector on/off for go in edit mode from any view of content movies to be able, not to read on clic time, but to select some for grouped edition this selected list of movies, Edit for tell them to be watched oe unwatched or anyway... that is a logic way to do things that resolve a real design pattern problem concern. With this way also, design is good because any skin just have to take care about this in menu only one time, and by the easiest way.

A function has not to be inside a view part. it should be added in a way that skin change doesn't affect this kind of simple and needed functions for users. why not add this inside options left side menu ? This menu is most of the time like not far from empty... the kodi UI concept is very very bad, kodi is a good soft and can be poxerfull, but is UI is so bad, that is a very bad point for Kodi.

Why make Kodi UI so triky ? this should point an organisation team devs problem i think, because OMG... it is not so complicate in fact, and how long time now Kodi exist and how many update with all the time the same problem of design pattern and clinky UI ? Change colors or disposition of bad functions codes is not the way to resolve this kind of problems... the problem is not from the skins, but from the concept directly, that is a fact.
what is the problem for not understand this ? there is someone there who lock something to go better ? but, in fact, why ? ego problem ? i can not understand at version 17 and more of Kodi this is again the exactly same problem who kill Kodi access to users, that is crazy.
@jerome___

It is a known issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...ight=watch

Instead of telling the Kodi Team how bad they are, and you obviously are so knowledgeable on the required fix... maybe you can try to fix it. When can we expect the code?

If not then remember...

1. You get what you paid for
2. Keep your delusional version of Team-Kodi problems to yourself.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, first design a gui framework from scratch for an app designed to run as a *game*, with a straight *game loop* on a *game console*, rather than using Java widgets, and come back telling us how easy it was for you Wink
Hi @Karellen, the super hero, super moderator... keep calm bro...

I'm sorry you can not accept argued and objectives critics. Maybe i have to tell this fact with more diplomatic way just for you ? it should be very complicate to post critic on design pattern if you make the choice to said it is people in the team who are bad... i never said that. It is not because organisation is bad that people are bad. But it is because design pattern is bad that you can see how the organisation is. That's a fact bro.

It should be a good choice to increase things for which one have time to code on Kodi to consider things as they are instead of deny them.
Design pattern is bad, definitely.
Every pro devs know that just when open and use Kodi... why turn my objections on kodi team instead of just see the facts as they are ? there is no constructive way to feel attacked. But... it is your choice, i'm really sorry for you, but i can understand it should be normal for someone who search to make the law to react like that, never mind.

1/ It is not because something is free for payment that it has to have a bad design pattern, why do you construct this link ? I not understand the spirit on that point to... never mind, i think it is better to not try to understand, there is no interest on that.
It is not because something is free that users can not said what they are thinking and why in the way to explain why something is horribly tricky. correct ?

2/ which delusional version of team problem i have ? Is it a way for try to isolate a fact on my own and then deny facts ? The problem on your answer is the turn you choose to make on my post. Design pattern is bad... team can be good and grow by just accept critics when they are true and improve the code... or not ?

Put your ego has down as possible and do practice the lawyer here as you like power you choose... it should be better also to open your eyes and provide a technical answer.
There is no need to become red skin of rage to... really there is no good way to practice like that.

peace and humility bro...

@Koying, i not read the source code of Kodi, i just see the result and understand how bad the design pattern should be, but maybe for sure it can be linked to language choosed (like javascript language difficult to debug for sure... i hate this language and use it just for what he has to be used: helpers for client side code on web pages). I will look at the source code when i will have time for that... hope this code is C++ or java code (maybe lua) instead of javascript (horrible choice) or all python/ruby script (nice to read but so slow at run time most of the time, i think it has some python for addons, that's fine).

i will be back and if something is possible to arrange without re-write all the code or be confronted to closed mind-thinking of too much high level sensibility young babies, i will help on that for sure.
jerome___

What makes you think I am not calm? I cannot see anything in my post that could be interpreted as anger. I simply laid out some reminders for you... which you obviously paid no heed to, judging by your two subsequent posts.

Your posts are extremely difficult to read and comprehend- a lot of it makes no sense. Your posts are quite obviously trashing the development team. And your posts are, really, not required.

The only ego here is yours. With you high and better than thou talk.

I will not enter into a tit for tat exchange with you. But I give you notice that if you continue with your negative comments, you will incur warnings which will lead to a ban from this forum.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-11, 18:28)jerome___ Wrote: (...)
i not read the source code of Kodi
(...)

Perhaps that would be a good place to start.
@Karellen, oh ok, it was the tonality, but i'm not english, so maybe i not understand good, sorry.
I not treshing any one dev of Kodi, it is definitely not what i would like and sorry if me bad english let thinking this.
Again, i not speak about people coding, i'm speaking about deszign pattern and UI.
Ui is horribly tricky (yes or not ?) and many think on it is difficult or can be access in some mode view and not every where, etc...
And i thinking that logicaly, it should be because of a wrong design pattern coding.

@runningnacked, yes, when you see a car who has big vibrations, smog, make strange noise but is new, then you understand that there is a construction problem. When you experience of coding is around 32 years, you can have an idea of the code just by see the UI result and the access of every thing in it (you will see...).

but yes, i will read a part of it this morning and will go back for tell you what i'm thinking about that.

again and definitely, i'm not attacking no one... don't choose to be hurt or offensed. I thinking the design pattern code is bad, because the UI is horrible (not the look, who i very nice) from long time allready and some skin show some function some other not... then it is not only a "skin"; if the "skin" implement the code, then it is not only a skin, and that is because of a design pattern code problem (normally, the skin could not be an other think that a skin, right ?).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark As Watched / Unwatched0