v17 How do I export my library's metadata?
Hi, there!

In previous versions of XBMC/Kodi there was a way to export the library's metadata as a XML file and thumbnails as JPG files. Now I can't find the buttons to do that inside Kodi.

Is that option dropped out?
Settings|library|export library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That option is not there anymore...
Settings > Media > Library > Export Library

Settings level needs to be at advanced or expert.
Exact path probably depends on skin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-04-14, 18:02)trogggy Wrote: Settings > Media > Library > Export Library

Settings level needs to be at advanced or expert.

OK. So, the option still exists, but at "advanced level".

Where is the option to turn into "advanced level"? I also coudn't find it - otherwise, I would had turned it on already. Shall I change a config file?
settings > interface > down at the bottom in most skins.
In the Metropolis skin if you go into the Settings/Media menu you'll see the word "Standard" (the default setting) at the top center of the screen. Arrow up from the top of the left-side menu to highlight that word, then press the select button on your remote until it changes to "Advanced" or "Expert". The "Export Library" (and some other options) will appear in the right-side menu below. I don't know if the layout is the same in the other skins.
In some skins (Aeon Nox Silvo for example) while in Settings > Interface, you need to move left into the hidden options area and you'll find the level setting there.
(2017-04-17, 18:20)Hogan Wrote: In the Metropolis skin if you go into the Settings/Media menu you'll see the word "Standard" (the default setting) at the top center of the screen. Arrow up from the top of the left-side menu to highlight that word, then press the select button on your remote until it changes to "Advanced" or "Expert". The "Export Library" (and some other options) will appear in the right-side menu below. I don't know if the layout is the same in the other skins.

Now THAT worked for me. Thank you very much!!!!
Glad I could help. The support on these forums is wonderful, but sometimes the experts forget some of the details that are obvious to them but a mystery to others just starting out. I'm new to Kodi and ran into this same problem when I was trying to export my library just a few days ago, so I knew where you were getting stuck. Kodi is great, but there are lots of little things that aren't obvious, at least not to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I export my library's metadata?0